Home

TheSinner.net

Common Room

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Common Room

Postby rtsg on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:09 pm

This is just to let everyone who didn't know, or need reminding. The committee is responsible for cleaning up the common room the next morning if the true culprits are unknown to the residents managers. The committee members are not your cleaners and will make sure the true culprits are dragged out of bed to clean it up or suffer when they do find out. We DO NOT like this responsibility. I’d rather be organising ways of getting you drunk for free.

This is not aimed at anyone at all, so please don't take it in that way, it is simply to let the freshers know the score. I will not be happy if I get an early phone call again, so please, all it takes is to put your cans and bottles in the bins.

Cheers guys
rtsg

Re:

Postby Wooly on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:14 pm

I second this. Although I was not called upon to pick up litter at ungodly hours on Saturday morning, I did clear up mashed newspapers from the common room on Saturday night. Not fun.

As long as everyone just deals with their own rubbish, it'll be fine. Quick, easy and you'll gain lots of karma from it too. Honest. Plus, the committee'll like you loads!

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106028
Wooly

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:38 pm

With great power comes great responsibility.

[hr]

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:48 pm

Yeh, kids, don't up set Riho... believe me "he'll make you pay... you have no idea. HUGE!"

Like I said... tried to say... on Facebook, I personally don't mind clearing up the common room, but it's the principle of- we shouldn't fucking have to.

If each of you puts your own bottle/can/condom in the bin then it is one less thing to pile up and look like a rubbish tip the next morning. FFS the bins are right next to the doors!! You have to pass them to leave the common room!

Anyway, yeh... just try and look after the CR from now on.

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!
Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:48 pm

Quoting angel_kohaku from 00:38, 9th Oct 2006
With great power comes great responsibility.

[hr]

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers

Please explain the power? to organise tea and coffee evenings for residents pleasure...sure if I got to get my way and kick the arseholes out of hall then fine.
rtsg

Re:

Postby pea on Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:10 am

I'd also like to take this opportunity to stress about damages, seeing as the Common Room has suffered recently.

If you break or damage something in hall, please own up to it. If you don't, the hall committee have to pay, meaning that we can't put on as many events. We still owe £3,500 from last years damages... that's almost enough to put on another ball and starts us off on a really bad footing for this year.

Already this year one of the sofa's has been broken and could cost up to £500 to repair and AFAIK no one has yet owned up to it. £500 could put on several large parties, pizza nights etc or could go towards drinks at the ball.

It's not fair that everyone in hall has to suffer because of something an individual has done. Fair enough if it was an accident but please, own up to it. Other members of hall will thank you for it in the end.

Also, with the Charity Pub Crawl coming up this weekend, I'd like to make sure that people are aware that the more money we raise throughout the year, the more chance there is of free booze at the end of year Garden Party.
The money we raise through our various charity events is given to the Union to distribute to the charities they support or a charity we specify. The hall that donates the most money by the end of the year is given a percentage of that money in free booze from the Union as a thank you. So when you're out collecting this weekend, or when you sign up to do Chattan Assassins or the calender, or when you're considering buying a calendar and aren't sure, just think how you would be not only doing something really good for charity, but also increasing the chances of getting free booze at the end of the year. Wow, that was a really long sentence.

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:37 pm

If I might make a suggestion. Would it be possible to have some aluminium and plastic bins put in the common room? I think part of the problem is that the nearest such bins are in the D-floor kitchen, no one can really be bothered to walk all the way there, and we get equally bollocked for putting our cans in the other bins.

Just a suggestion.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:17 pm

Quoting jono from 13:37, 15th Oct 2006
If I might make a suggestion. Would it be possible to have some aluminium and plastic bins put in the common room? I think part of the problem is that the nearest such bins are in the D-floor kitchen, no one can really be bothered to walk all the way there, and we get equally bollocked for putting our cans in the other bins.

Just a suggestion.

[hr]

I totally agree, and was/am going to bring this up at the committee meeting today.

[hr]

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:29 pm

Quoting o_t4ng from 14:17, 15th Oct 2006
Quoting jono from 13:37, 15th Oct 2006

Just a suggestion.

[hr]

I totally agree, and was/am going to bring this up at the committee meeting today.

[hr]

theres a meeting today, sunday...it'll be brought up then
rtsg

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)