Home

TheSinner.net

Other people's facebooks

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Other people's facebooks

Postby The Jaspar on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Editing other people's facebook profiles isn't cool. I don't want to have to fucking lock my computer every time I leave the room.
The Jaspar

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:51 pm

maybe you should "fucking lock" your door
rtsg

Re:

Postby Wooly on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:20 am

Logging off your profile usually does the trick...

Has someone done it again? Didn't you learn the last time I edited it?

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106028
Wooly

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:06 am

I'm really really really drunk coz it's my first night back and i've blocked MYSELF out of facebook!!!!
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby October on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:48 am

I'm with riho on this.
if you don't want it to happen, lock your door.
Or would that mean having to keep track of your keys?

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:35 am

At the risk of sounding like a massive hypocrite why don't you turn your computer off when you go out... power saving and all...

Otherwise what everyone else said, lock your door!!

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:10 am

Quoting o_t4ng from 06:35, 7th Jan 2007
At the risk of sounding like a massive hypocrite why don't you turn your computer off when you go out... power saving and all...

Otherwise what everyone else said, lock your door!!

[hr]

You arent a hypocrit, if you turn your pc off it want come on again until you celebrate new year again, you lock your door, and noone has edited your facebook profile
rtsg

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:51 pm

He really has got a point mate. Leaving your door wide open is really really stupid, and lots of people seem to do it. Just be thankful it was only some joker who came in, rather than someone taking a fancy to your phone.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby skip on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:14 pm

or alternatively, password your screensaver
skip

Re:

Postby The Jaspar on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:02 pm

Thing is though, even if I did have a key, Scott wouldn't ever lock it anyway. I don't mind really because having to lock the door when you go next door or to the loo is a bit silly.

Anyway, I do turn off my computer when I leave the room. The reason I have my passwords saved on the computer is because it's MY computer and it's a hassle to type in a long password every time I want to distract myself from studying.

I just think it would be better if people had a bit of maturity and didn't do childish things which could get me banned from facebook (as in changing my picture to something disgusting). Not to mention all the comments I get (I deleted them) about the nature of the picture.
The Jaspar

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:24 pm

Quoting The Jaspar from 17:02, 7th Jan 2007
Thing is though, even if I did have a key, Scott wouldn't ever lock it anyway. I don't mind really because having to lock the door when you go next door or to the loo is a bit silly.

Anyway, I do turn off my computer when I leave the room. The reason I have my passwords saved on the computer is because it's MY computer and it's a hassle to type in a long password every time I want to distract myself from studying.

I just think it would be better if people had a bit of maturity and didn't do childish things which could get me banned from facebook (as in changing my picture to something disgusting). Not to mention all the comments I get (I deleted them) about the nature of the picture.

Jaspar, if everyone was mature as you say, locks would be obsolete. Are you telling me that you are mature, sensible and never do anything as a practical joke to others? remember when I stole all Scott's stuff and you helped?

Also, its not a good idea to broadcast the fact your door is never locked to the whole world. I've a good mind to still all your valuables to teach you why we use keys.

Scott doesn't lock the door due to you not having a key, which, incidentally you need to hand back at the end of the year. Why not get one now to save the hassle, and stuff like this happening again.

You can't blame others for your carelessness, even if they were in the wrong, you brought it on yourself, like if a bank was left open all night, you cant rely on the good nature of passers by.

sorry for the long post/rant, but I really cant face compsci revision
rtsg

Re:

Postby . on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:56 pm

I would lock your door, when i lived in Mac someone random walked in, went up to c floor and nicked everything of worth in one of the rooms that wasnt locked..

[s]I've said it before and I'll say it again... please sign unreg posts!! Thanks- Mod[/s]

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:20 pm

When I was in Chattan I stole the gown of the Convenor of the UDS that had already been stolen that very evening and placed in an unlocked room.

However, far worse things happened to people who left their rooms unlocked. Just ask Louise...

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:50 pm

In an ideal world we wouldn't need to lock our doors. The world isn't ideal, and nor is McIntosh.

I don't know how other people feel, but when I shared last year I talked to Anup about it on day one, and we agreed not to leave the door unlocked in case someone wandered in. It's just common sense.

My main concern was that my own stuff getting nicked coz of my own stupidity would be bad enough. But if my roommate got his gear stolen because I left the door open i'd never forgive myself!

These halls are far from secure, and of course just because a person has A-levels, doesn't make them an upstanding human being by proxy!

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:12 am

Quoting Cain from 21:20, 7th Jan 2007
However, far worse things happened to people who left their rooms unlocked. Just ask Louise...

Yeah once some dumb pissed first year wandered into my room and vomitted all over my chair because she thought it was the bathroom. Gross. And Jules used to regularly steal my Association gown to have sex in it... Also gross.

[hr]

i know you want the sin but not the sinner...

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

liliputian

Re:

Postby jules on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:49 am

no, thats just funny. sry louise :p
jules

Re:

Postby rtsg on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 am

and this is hy you shouldn't have that user ID
rtsg

Re:

Postby The Jaspar on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:59 am

Does anyone happen to know where my matric card is?
The Jaspar

Re:

Postby rtsg on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:20 am

with your keys?
Quoting The Jaspar from 09:59, 8th Jan 2007
Does anyone happen to know where my matric card is?
rtsg

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:41 am

it will cost you £12 to get a new matric card and £20/30 to get a new key. i suggest you either find them or invest in new ones.

[hr]

i know you want the sin but not the sinner...

[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

liliputian

Next

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)