Home

TheSinner.net

McIntosh Hauntings

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

McIntosh Hauntings

Postby Craicman on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:25 am

I recently moved into McIntosh hall, into B22. Now B22 is 10metres away from the vending machines where, I was told on my entering the hall for the first time, by the warden, there is a high concentration of unusual haunting reports, and below where the warden's flat was. The warden's flat was where the reported fire was 10-15 years ago.

So here, in my 3 weeks that I've been a resident in Chattan I have come to the conclusion that my room is in fact haunted.

Firstly, I will often hear creaking from outside my room, which comes down the corridor but does not go through the door, which is very obvious, and does not go back up the corridor.

Secondly, without any creaking at all, my door will be knocked. When I look, there is noone there, either up or down the corridor.

Thirdly, I am regularly woken up at approximately 2:30am, on many occasions to the same set of bangings. And also manic laughing, but that might be the chap up the corridor.

Lastly, and outright most impressively, at night, and every night, I hear an assortment of noises from above me. Scraping, thumping, footsteps and floorboards creaking. Ok, earlier I said that there was nobody living above me but that's where the warden's flat was before that fire.

So, if anyone has any hard and solid facts about previous reports of hauntings, especially in the furthest corridor of B-Floor from the front door, or know anything of the deaths that have occured in this hall please post here.

[hr]

~~DarkDepth~~
Craicman

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:12 am

I don't have any solid evidence for you, but my friends lived in B22 a couple of years ago and they said they heard noises coming from above them too...

As for banging doors and creaking floorboards in the corridor... that happens on E-floor quite a lot and it's usually to do with someone opening or closing a door further along the corridor... air currents or somesuch...

Either way, don't rule anything out... :P

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby sartorius on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:49 am

I'm in B27, about 10 yards further along form B22 and I havent noticed all that many odd things, there are creaking and banging noises late into the night but people are often still awake and moving around or going to the kitchen/bathroom at any hour of the day. The windows all rattle as well which contributes to the odd noises. Maybe you should note in the repair book that you can hear noises above you, there might be something that can be done abuot it or maybe theres some damage developed that they dont know about, I wouldnt have thought that anyone goes up to the burned out flat very often.
As for manical laughter I have also heared this just the other night while walking past B22, it was very loud and clear and was a perculiar odd sounding laugh, It confuised me until i decided it was almost certinally Chris Hawkins in B23.
sartorius

Re:

Postby October on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:47 pm

I often hear noise from above me, when I'm in my room or just walking the corridor from vendding machiens to my room, it is quite spooky sometimes,
Esp sinces I know no-one should be up there, and the noise sometimes sound like foot steps.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Telinar on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:26 pm

I'm in B21, and I don't hear anything except for people playing laser quest in the halls, which is annoying, but not haunted...unless the ghosts are playing it ;).

[hr]

http://telinar-beln.deviantart.com or http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105240
Telinar

Re:

Postby pea on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:36 pm

The only haunting I know about in that end of B-floor is the little girl who is heard crying in the cupboard along there. Apparently she was locked in there by her parents and died?

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

pea

Re:

Postby lts2 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 pm

There are the secret stairs near the chocolate machine. I suggest you look through the keyhole it might answer your haunting questions....
lts2

Re:

Postby Craicman on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:57 pm

well someone has been upstairs to check the flat, and its empty. not only was there no damage, there was nothing to explain the noises, not even any furniture which could somehow be "shifted by the wind", the place is empty. I have been to see the residence manager and she said that I wasn't the first to report weird things in this area of the hall. and of course, it turns out that I'm not the only one who has heard weird things this year either. Maybe we should get those phoneys from most haunted to come in and do the st andrews hall of residence tour, they can make someone sit up in the top floor of wardlaw to find out why they had 2 suicides in consecutive years in that top room.

[hr]

~~DarkDepth~~
Craicman

Re:

Postby Akasha on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:47 am

Quoting pea from 22:36, 15th Jan 2007
The only haunting I know about in that end of B-floor is the little girl who is heard crying in the cupboard along there. Apparently she was locked in there by her parents and died?

OMG? Which cupboard?!?!?!?

I lived in B30 last year and that part of hall always gave me the creeps. But then, I am a big wuss :)
Akasha

Re:

Postby pea on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Quoting Akasha from 06:47, 16th Jan 2007

I lived in B30 last year and that part of hall always gave me the creeps. But then, I am a big wuss :)

It's not as far along as your old room, it's just around B21/B22, basically the vending machine corridor. Ask Jonanathan about it, as I think it was mentioned on the ghost tour.

[hr]

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

pea

Re:

Postby Magus on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:25 pm

Quoting pea from 13:34, 16th Jan 2007
Quoting Akasha from 06:47, 16th Jan 2007

It's not as far along as your old room, it's just around B21/B22, basically the vending machine corridor. Ask Jonanathan about it, as I think it was mentioned on the ghost tour.

[hr]

Would that be the magic cupboard that needs no key..? Mwhahahaha - i love that cupboard!

[hr]

When I would pray and think, I think and pray to several subjects.
When I would pray and think, I think and pray to several subjects.
Magus

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)