Home

TheSinner.net

Mathew Wilson to be senoir student

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Mathew Wilson to be senoir student

Postby sartorius on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:34 am

Mathew G Wilson is now running for senior student 2007/2008.

If I'm elected I want to really work on ways to get people excited about hall again. Ways to encourage people to be interested and informed in whats going on in hall and whats going on in the comittee and finally ways to encourage people to get involved.

To Find out what I'm all about come to hecklings this Sunday, at 7pm in the common room.
sartorius

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Can I remind you all that it is really important to come along to hecklings and indeed vote as it does actually affect everyone, even those who are moving out next year since the senior student and his/her deputy take over after easter sometime, thus will be organising things like the garden party.

Hope to see you there
rtsg

Re:

Postby pea on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Hecklings are on Sunday evening at 7pm, in the common room. Think of things you want to ask or want to know from the candidates. As Riho says, as Senior Student is the pivotal role in hall it is key that people come along and hear from the candidates. Even if you're not living in hall next year, whoever is elected will be in the position from after Easter so all of you currently in hall will be affected. EDIT: Also, everyone in hall currently is elegible to vote so please don't waste it.

And remember, if you don't like either of the candidates you can vote RON - Re-Open Nominations.

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:27 pm

Out of curiosity, when are the other positions being put out for election?

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby sartorius on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:14 pm

If its the same format as last year, deputy senior student will be elected this week, if theres a candidate anyway. The other exec. positions will probably be elected shortly after easter, perhaps week 9 (treaserer, secretary and social, ball and chatiries convenors). That way the core of the new comittee are set up and ready to arrange the garden party and end of year celebrations as well as plan whats to come. Then new non-exec. positions (sports reps, library, IT, ents, domestic, international and year reps) are elected at the beginning of next year, i think at the end of freshers week, so those positions are voted on by the new body of residents and can be filled by new freshers.
I'm sure louise beth or rhona will correct if any of that was wildly wrong.
sartorius

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:30 pm

I've just created a group for Mathew for senior student. that allowed?

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby lts2 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:12 pm

I think so.

Quoting Das Feuer liebt mich from 15:30, 18th Mar 2007
I've just created a group for Mathew for senior student. that allowed?

[hr]

Hecklings should be interesting...
lts2

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:14 pm

Phew! Well that was certainly interesting.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby October on Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:10 pm

Quoting jono from 22:14, 18th Mar 2007
Phew! Well that was certainly interesting.

Yes, Yes it was.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)