For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:43 pm

oh really?
Quoting The Jaspar from 11:02, 25th Apr 2007
Quoting rtsg from 10:53, 25th Apr 2007
Quoting Ludy from 10:48, 25th Apr 2007
--Ludy
(who doesn't live here anymore, but is still interested in Chattan being a nice place to live.)

You forgetting you are our senior student so take a vested interestt in our happiness and our hall?

Yes, I think that was the point of her helpful and non flammatory response.
rtsg

Mod interception...

Postby o_t4ng on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Ok, I think I should have stepped in a bit earler on this.

Everyone is right with their points.
1) The kitchens should not be left in this state in the first place.
and 2) The Sinner is not the place for lodging complaints... go to the Committee or if it's *that* serious take it to the Wardens or the RMs.

BUT you have all got to stop making this personal. I know there are those of you who don't particularly like Jon, but please keep it off this board. I'm fed up of every thread decending into a slagging-fest.
As for people who do not live in hall... this is a public thread and is for ANYONE who has an interest in hall. But please keep it constuctive. Kohaku, stop stirring up shit just cos you're bored, please. It makes my job harder and is, honestly, unecessary.

So, for the last time, play nice.

Thank you,
Mod

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Deja vu

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:23 pm

http://www.thesinner.net/messageboard-v ... read=28172
Quoting o_t4ng from 14:11, 25th Apr 2007

[hr]

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 pm

no, this is nothing about who is posting. Nothing has been said that is untoward here. All thats happened is someones made a point, and someone has argued against it? There has been some horrible stuff said in the past, some by me, a lot by others too but this doesn't come in to it. This is a democracy and one which values it's freedom of speech. So when someone posts moaning about something, or just makes a point or comment we all have the right to give our opinions as long as there is nothing vindictive about it. I haven't reread the entire thread but Im pretty sure that isn't the case. yeah sure if we just started telling each other to fuck off then fair play, but it hasn't happened. If Jono has problems with his post's being argued against then he shouldn't post, but I'm sure as a debater he welcomes the ideals i think this thread represents. All I hope is that your modding isn't referring to pea, cain or me cos nothing we has said has been out of line. But I agree with what you say about this board, though not sure it is warranted here
Quoting o_t4ng from 14:11, 25th Apr 2007

Everyone is right with their points.
1) The kitchens should not be left in this state in the first place.
and 2) The Sinner is not the place for lodging complaints... go to the Committee or if it's *that* serious take it to the Wardens or the RMs.

BUT you have all got to stop making this personal. I know there are those of you who don't particularly like Jon, but please keep it off this board. I'm fed up of every thread decending into a slagging-fest.
As for people who do not live in hall... this is a public thread and is for ANYONE who has an interest in hall. But please keep it constuctive. Kohaku, stop stirring up shit just cos you're bored, please. It makes my job harder and is, honestly, unecessary.

So, for the last time, play nice.

Thank you,
Mod

[hr]

rtsg

Re:

Postby The Jaspar on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Quoting rtsg from 13:43, 25th Apr 2007
oh really?
Quoting The Jaspar from 11:02, 25th Apr 2007
Quoting rtsg from 10:53, 25th Apr 2007
[quote]Quoting Ludy from 10:48, 25th Apr 2007
--Ludy
(who doesn't live here anymore, but is still interested in Chattan being a nice place to live.)

You forgetting you are our senior student so take a vested interestt in our happiness and our hall?

Yes, I think that was the point of her helpful and non flammatory response.
[/quote]

YA RLY
The Jaspar

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:48 pm

People, chillax. If everyone was to take a massive huff everytime someone was mean to them on the sinner then the world would be a miserable place. Take it with a pinch of salt.

[hr]

I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:54 pm

rtsg, I wasn't just refering to this thread... it happens ALL the fucking time. No, nothing untoward HAS been said here... but I was stepping in before it did! That is what the mod is meant to do.

[hr]

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby skip on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:29 pm

I am a fish.

Thanks for listening.

(oh, and like anyone's going to own up to it. jon's understandably pissed off, it's not a smell i'd like if i was going to make a cuppa in the morning. it's just no justice can be done here. shame really. unless anyone's got a home DNA testing kit...)
skip

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:54 pm

I'm no forensic scientist but im not sure how much DNA would be in it, could someone clarify this? Not unless there were blood or it was a proper wrenching session and epithlials from the esophagus had been thrown up to. but knowing these yahs,they probably had a wank too just to spite us common folk, then we can get 'em. Oh and jasp, this be a joke. irony, since don't hold anywhere near such contempt for a 'group' of people.
Quoting skip from 16:29, 25th Apr 2007
I am a fish.

Thanks for listening.

(oh, and like anyone's going to own up to it. jon's understandably pissed off, it's not a smell i'd like if i was going to make a cuppa in the morning. it's just no justice can be done here. shame really. unless anyone's got a home DNA testing kit...)
rtsg

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:29 pm

I am a fish.

Thanks for listening.

So long and thanks for all the fish....

I don't have a home DNA testing kit, but I totally think you should spend the spare money on getting Gil Grissom and his team out to investigate. That would be frikkin sweet.

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:27 pm

As long as I get to sleep with Sara
Quoting angel_kohaku from 17:29, 25th Apr 2007
I am a fish.

Thanks for listening.

So long and thanks for all the fish....

I don't have a home DNA testing kit, but I totally think you should spend the spare money on getting Gil Grissom and his team out to investigate. That would be frikkin sweet.

[hr]

rtsg

Re:

Postby Akasha on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:40 pm

The RMs know about the B floor kitchen issue.

They have complained to the hall committee (well, to me) but it is hard for them to really enforce anything.

Do they remove a service and access, affecting those making the mess and those that aren't?

Do they close the kitchen?

Do they leave it in a mess to "teach us all a lesson"? (TBF, it's not fair to expect the cleaners to do this everytime).

Should Mark be the one to keep having to clean it up?

Thoughts on a postcard to the new SS Lucy xxx
Akasha

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:36 pm

In New Hall, if our kitchen isn't clean we get a note shoved under our door: it gives us 3 days to clean it, or we all have to pay the fine, regardless of whether we made the mess or not.

Unfair, yes, but it seems to work.

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:49 pm

It's a good idea but unfortunately it wont work here because you have keys to the kitchen held by what, 10 or so? unfortunately here it could be anyone in hall (or outside). I remember Jenifer Franz threatening to fine everyone in hall for that fire alarm and keeping us outside unless the culprit owned up.
Quoting angel_kohaku from 23:36, 25th Apr 2007
In New Hall, if our kitchen isn't clean we get a note shoved under our door: it gives us 3 days to clean it, or we all have to pay the fine, regardless of whether we made the mess or not.

Unfair, yes, but it seems to work.

[hr]

rtsg

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:50 pm

this is true.

I'm in favour of locking the kitchens. lol *evil*. Well it's not like you need to use them during the week or anything...

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby rtsg on Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:53 am

alas for microwaves, the fridges and kettles we do:( CCTV, thats the way forward...or Sara Sidell
Quoting angel_kohaku from 23:50, 25th Apr 2007
this is true.

I'm in favour of locking the kitchens. lol *evil*. Well it's not like you need to use them during the week or anything...

[hr]

rtsg

Re:

Postby Adam Fellows on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:27 am

Quoting angel_kohaku from 23:50, 25th Apr 2007
this is true.

Also not all the rooms have drinking water available, so closing the kitchen could lead to complaints that students were being denied fresh water, like they did in Sallies when a similar situation occurred.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100367
Adam Fellows

Re:

Postby Adam Fellows on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:33 am

Also I think we should just ask for a box of cleaning materials to be left in one of the cupboards - it's one thing to ask us to clean the kitchen and another to ask us to clean it with disgusting raggy sponges and no cleaning liquids. I know this would mean that someone would have to clean it and most people would just leave it, but perhaps a rota system of residents on a floor would work with this - rooms B 1 to B 12 for the first week of the month, rooms B 13 to B 24 for the second week and so on.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100367
Adam Fellows

Re:

Postby pea on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:26 am

I think fining people is a good idea, but how do you fine a floor with 45 odd rooms? It would have to be a substantial sum in order to make people not just pay the fine, but people would know it wouldn't take £450 to clean the kitchen...
Seeing as it only appears to be B-floor that has the major issues, perhaps another solution could be to just lock B-floor kitchen - permanently. If people need microwaves or water etc during the week they can go to another floor, and it might discourage the people who make the mess from going to another kitchen. But then we run the risk of creating more mess in other kitchens, and don't actually solve the problem.

I don't think it's one big group of people that's creating the mess, but several groups making a small amount of mess and it adding up. For now, people just need to keep an eye out on the people who use the kitchens at the weekend and if you don't see them clean up after themselves, note who they are and tell Mark the domestic convenor so he can get them to clean up.

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby annoyed on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm

Peas was a bit of a personal attack

"grow a fucking backbone"

"ive lost count of the number of times
youve bitched in the last two years"

and many FUCKS etc

[s]Please leave a name on unreg posts, for reference. (IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE YOU'RE REAL NAME!!!)- Thanks, Mod
annoyed

PreviousNext

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)