Home

TheSinner.net

When I'm cleaning windows...

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

When I'm cleaning windows...

Postby ludy on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:57 pm

It was decided at the committee meeting yesterday that we are willing to splash some of our hard-embezzled cash and provide a box of basic cleaning supplies for each kitchen in hall. This leaves absolutely no excuse for not cleaning up your mess!

This should be in place by this weekend, and I hope it will satisfy you all that your hall committee really does care, even when you cry over spilt milk.

--Ludy
(Senior Student)
ludy

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Quoting ludy from 13:57, 28th Apr 2007
It was decided at the committee meeting yesterday that we are willing to splash some of our hard-embezzled cash and provide a box of basic cleaning supplies for each kitchen in hall. This leaves absolutely no excuse for not cleaning up your mess!

This should be in place by this weekend, and I hope it will satisfy you all that your hall committee really does care, even when you cry over spilt milk.

--Ludy
(Senior Student)

Ah... positive action... I love when that happens... :P

Congratualtions, people, Sinner bitching does work... ocassionally!

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby October on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:28 am

Quoting o_t4ng from 21:45, 28th Apr 2007
Congratualtions, people, Sinner bitching does work... ocassionally!

That may indeed be the case.
But can we reframe from it in the future.
It does make a hell of a mess of the board.
and that's not so easaly to clean up.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:57 am

There may be cleaning products, which is a good idea, but at the end of the day it is still down to the people to clean with them that will make the difference so I think the main issue still stands, it just takes away any excuses. Lets hope that it will make a difference though I do doubt it.
rtsg

Re:

Postby Adam Fellows on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:40 pm

If it's gets dirty like it was, I know I'll have an OCD attack and clean it - especially with exams coming up ...

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100367
Adam Fellows

Re:

Postby The Jaspar on Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:15 pm

Quoting rtsg from 10:57, 29th Apr 2007
There may be cleaning products, which is a good idea, but at the end of the day it is still down to the people to clean with them that will make the difference so I think the main issue still stands, it just takes away any excuses. Lets hope that it will make a difference though I do doubt it.

I think access to cleaning products will heighten our sense of civic responsibility and should encourage people to keep it a bit tidier in there. I'm sure it will make a difference. We should make sure there are signs up advertising these cleaning products too. A friendly reminder and a helping hand can go a long way in persuading people to keep it clean.
The Jaspar

Re:

Postby ludy on Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Thanks jaspar, that's what we were hoping to acheive. Hopefully if people have the opportunity and a reminder then they'll do a bit of cleaning.

On the point of raising issues on the Sinner, by all means do so, but bear in mind the Sinner isn't on committee. Kristal is, and raised the issue of the kitchens, which we acted on. Feel free to get in touch with us, and we will try to respond to your criticims.

--Ludy
(Senior Student... wait, does that make me sound old?...)
ludy

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:01 pm

Quoting ludy from 17:47, 29th Apr 2007
Thanks jaspar, that's what we were hoping to acheive. Hopefully if people have the opportunity and a reminder then they'll do a bit of cleaning.

On the point of raising issues on the Sinner, by all means do so, but bear in mind the Sinner isn't on committee. Kristal is, and raised the issue of the kitchens, which we acted on. Feel free to get in touch with us, and we will try to respond to your criticims.

--Ludy
(Senior Student... wait, does that make me sound old?...)

I'd would like to point out that my last post was slightly toungue-in-cheek. THE SINNER IS NOT OFFICIAL. Just cos someone whines about something on here does not mean anyone with any power is going to see it and take any action about it.

By all means, voice problems and opinions but don't expect anything to happen because of it... and by that I mean anything poitive. I can almost guarantee you will be treated to 3 pages of flaming and counter-whining. I do not condone any of this, but that's what happens. It is the internet, after all!

Anyway, CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES. Please. Sinner-ers set a good example.

Thank you,
Mod

[hr]

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)