Bye Bye Chattan

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Bye Bye Chattan

Postby lts2 on Wed May 23, 2007 6:14 am

Bye Bye!!!
lts2

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed May 23, 2007 4:35 pm

A nice positive thread people, what are you going to miss about chattan and what are your best memories?
rtsg

Re:

Postby skip on Fri May 25, 2007 7:39 pm

Absinthe breakfast after staying up drinking absinthe and watching the Mighty Ducks
skip

Re:

Postby sartorius on Sat May 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Keeping the ansinthe theme, absinthe poker night on b-floor was good, and the spontaneous ball fight in the common room on may ball night was a great moment. There was also a conversation at lunch that riho and sean will remember, probably the funniest 10 minutes of the whole year. The thing I'll probably miss most is always being able to find someone to talk to and something to do, i shouldn't miss it too much though i'm comming back for another year.
sartorius

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Sat May 26, 2007 8:32 pm

Yep I agree, absinthe poker night was crazy and good. Everyone decides to get drunk, and some people stoned, the night before we all have to register in our modules. Smart move!

What will I miss though...erm, being electrocuted by everything I touched in my room, also the pneumatic drill that went off above my head at 2am in the morning.

No seriously though, I will miss Alison (the RM), she was kinda sexy! Anyone agree, or is it just my perverted mind?

Quoting sartorius from 18:12, 26th May 2007
Keeping the ansinthe theme, absinthe poker night on b-floor was good, and the spontaneous ball fight in the common room on may ball night was a great moment. There was also a conversation at lunch that riho and sean will remember, probably the funniest 10 minutes of the whole year. The thing I'll probably miss most is always being able to find someone to talk to and something to do, i shouldn't miss it too much though i'm comming back for another year.

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby rtsg on Sat May 26, 2007 9:21 pm

That was an absolutely legendry conversation, check my facebook profile to find it
rtsg

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Sat May 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Holy Fuck! No wonder I never got told of this conversation before!
Quoting rtsg from 22:21, 26th May 2007

That was an absolutely legendry conversation, check my facebook profile to find it

[hr]

Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby sartorius on Sat May 26, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Das Feuer liebt mich from 21:32, 26th May 2007
Yep I agree, absinthe poker night was crazy and good. Everyone decides to get drunk, and some people stoned, the night before we all have to register in our modules. Smart move!

What will I miss though...erm, being electrocuted by everything I touched in my room, also the pneumatic drill that went off above my head at 2am in the morning.

No seriously though, I will miss Alison (the RM), she was kinda sexy! Anyone agree, or is it just my perverted mind?

[hr]

1. I had nothing to do with weed of any sort or anyone getting stoned that night (just to make sure the records straight).

2. now the content of that conversation has been revealed I hope emma and the people involved can see the funny side of it; it was fucking hillarious from our point of view.
sartorius

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Sat May 26, 2007 11:29 pm

Funny side of it?!? I dunno maybe it was a 'you had to be there' kind of joke!!

[hr]

Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby Jono on Sat May 26, 2007 11:43 pm

Well that didn't take long to dredge up! Or maybe it did depending on your perspecitve. Either way; I'm in for an earfull (that would be an earful of nagging before anyone gets any perverse ideas)!

I'm definitely going to miss Chattan. I'm looking forward to moving into bridge street next year, but I'm going to miss (the majority of) the people I got to know, the general atmosphere, the movie nights, the mealtime banter (sans. out of context hazing regarding Wales/ my girlfriend) and the drunken common room events.

I've spent my entire two years at uni in McIntosh. i've made some great friends there. I just hope it's as good to the next lot as it has been to me. I guess that would be Lucy's baby from now on.

[hr]

Exclusive to The Sinner, and all other fora.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby sartorius on Sun May 27, 2007 12:05 am

Talking of mealtime banter forking is shaping up to be a fine hall tradition that I'll miss over the summer, my family just dont get it.
sartorius

Re:

Postby Wooly on Sun May 27, 2007 11:26 am

Those who were there to witness this quote will understand...

"K.K.?... I fucking hate the K.K.!"

Racing Alex around the common room was also great fun.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106028
Wooly

Re:

Postby skip on Mon May 28, 2007 11:11 am

There was that time me and Erik got really drunk and jumped out the common room window last year

I also believe Hall has played it's last game of I Never, given a certain senior member of the committee's ability to drink to everything
skip

Re:

Postby Wooly on Mon May 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Quoting skip from 12:11, 28th May 2007I also believe Hall has played it's last game of I Never, given a certain senior member of the committee's ability to drink to everything

And that.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106028
Wooly

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon May 28, 2007 3:58 pm

it's only right that that should be the case - she follows a line of very drunk never have i ever players!
Quoting skip from 12:11, 28th May 2007
There was that time me and Erik got really drunk and jumped out the common room window last year

I also believe Hall has played it's last game of I Never, given a certain senior member of the committee's ability to drink to everything

[hr]

i know you want the sin but not the sinner...

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Adam Fellows on Mon May 28, 2007 4:19 pm

Quoting liliputian from 16:58, 28th May 2007
it's only right that that should be the case - she follows a line of very drunk never have i ever players!

Ah I have fond recollections of the first big one year this. MWAHAHA!

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100367
Adam Fellows

Re:

Postby rtsg on Wed May 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Well, this year the lunchtime conversation was brilliant. But last year! There was the infamous wine and cheese event, and me at breakfast the next morning, there was the scrubs drinking game with Wallly drinking straight vodka, and then straight robinson's dilluted only with vodka. the result of this was wally being very very sick and then pleading me not to leave him on his own in case he "has a heart attack". There were all Wally's toaster quotes too.

Only one other word to mention, and that would be chemsoc!
rtsg

Re:

Postby sartorius on Thu May 31, 2007 1:36 am

Quoting rtsg from 00:43, 31st May 2007
Well, this year the lunchtime conversation was brilliant. But last year! There was the infamous wine and cheese event, and me at breakfast the next morning, there was the scrubs drinking game with Wallly drinking straight vodka, and then straight robinson's dilluted only with vodka. the result of this was wally being very very sick and then pleading me not to leave him on his own in case he "has a heart attack". There were all Wally's toaster quotes too.

Only one other word to mention, and that would be chemsoc!

I'm still upset that i missed chemsoc. On the wally front however there's been some classic wally moments that at least equal last year, for example the time he explained to us: "its ok though 'cos jews dont actually lay eggs" or my all time favourite: "I'm off to bed now, as they say in France 'bon appatite' "

Thinking back the other thing thats really made this year memorable had been my academic children, especially in first semester. I feel I got to know all 13 of them well, which is quite an achievement considering a few years ago in high school I had a group of 3 friends. Even the things they did which were memorable in a bad/grotesque way are quite funny looking back. One example would be Richards raisin weekend encounter with the Ardblair sofa (it was bound to be come up sooner or later), theres also Scott's misadventures at the may dip.
sartorius

Re:

Postby Telinar on Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 pm

Aaahh chemsoc, where I lost my jacket and a fair amount of my dignity...

[hr]

http://telinar-beln.deviantart.com or http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105240
Telinar

Re:

Postby rtsg on Thu May 31, 2007 7:09 pm

I can thankfully say I retained all my dignity!
Quoting Telinar from 15:12, 31st May 2007
Aaahh chemsoc, where I lost my jacket and a fair amount of my dignity...

[hr]

http://telinar-beln.deviantart.com or http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105240
rtsg

Next

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)