Home

TheSinner.net

New residents!

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Re:

Postby Wooly on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:29 am

I spent last year in room B(3x11) last year and I turned out absolutely fine!

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106028
Wooly

Re:

Postby Squishy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:24 am

Quoting Wooly from 12:29, 3rd Sep 2007

[hr]

So say the leather trousers

[hr]

Talk to the elbow, 'cause you ain't worth the extension.
Squishy

Re:

Postby The Jaspar on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am

Quoting Squishy from 01:24, 4th Sep 2007
Quoting Wooly from 12:29, 3rd Sep 2007

[hr]

So say the leather trousers

[hr]

And the snakeskin jacket. But let's not scare off the new residents!
The Jaspar

Re:

Postby ABC123 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:23 pm

I'm staying in McIntosh this year. Can anyone tell me what rooms are like on E floor. Dark? Big? Warm? Any info. would be appreciated.
ABC123

Re:

Postby sartorius on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Quoting ABC123 from 23:52, 2nd Sep 2007
I'm staying in McIntosh this year. Can anyone tell me what rooms are like on E floor. Dark? Big? Warm? Any info. would be appreciated.

E floor is the basement of McIntosh, what its like depends on wether you a boy or a girl.

The girls rooms are very nice, large, recently decorated, warm in the winter and somehow they dont have that e-floor smell. There are only about 8 girls rooms and they're all together at the far end. The bathroom at the girls end is nice as well.

The boys section, which is most of E floor is very different, its a proper basement with not much sunlight, winding corridors and strange lingering smells (does anyone know what it actually is that e-floor smells of?). The rooms in e floor are actually not that bad, almost all the single rooms are pretty big, and the shared rooms are all of reasonable size. Except The Annex. The Annex is a kind of bunker of the basement, very small rooms and the comedy room, but only 4 people live there. Most of the E floor rooms have a build in cupboard, with gives you loads more storage space than rooms with a wardrobe and there is the dubious advantage of having big windows at ground level, big enough for a person to go in and out of, although theres rules against that.
There is also the library and computer room in e-floor, the biggest of the student kitchens in hall, the main laundry, the secret laundry and gwen the cleaner
sartorius

Re:

Postby October on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:18 pm

I should point out there is no such thing as the "secret laundry".
that is just a unfounded rumor.
It is in fact very easy to find. The special thing about it is that it's the 24hr laundry of hall.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby sartorius on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:32 pm

Quoting October from 19:18, 5th Sep 2007
I should point out there is no such thing as the "secret laundry".
that is just a unfounded rumor.
It is in fact very easy to find. The special thing about it is that it's the 24hr laundry of hall.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.

SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH be quiet. next you'll be telling then about the hot-tub
sartorius

Re:

Postby Squishy on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:47 am

Gwen didn't tell Squishy and Purdie about any hot tubs - betrayal?!!! - unless you count the washing machines.

And I think we should rename the secret laundry the ' hard to find coolest laundry that nobody tells you about so you are given the strong impression that it is in fact a secret... ...laundry'

The only properly working dryer (it gets your clothes at least almost dry) of course resides here

Furthermore I feel I should also point out that there is no real distinction between the girls and boys toilets, so if you can be bothered to walk a little bit further along the smelly corridor to recieve the benefit of hot showers with some pressure and no cobwebs (all be it with lots of plug hair as a replacement) then just shower in the nice toilets.
[hr]

Squishy

Re:

Postby New Student. on Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:48 pm

A/B/C/D 1 would all be at the 'quad' end of McIntosh... but do they face the beach or Hope Street?
New Student.

Re:

Postby Squishy on Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:15 pm

I know that A1 faces hope street, I think all the floors numbers start and finnish at the same end of the building with the big numbers facing the beach. Except E floor, I'm not sure how the numbering system works there.

Dont despair at being on the hope street side though, it lacks the west sands but it is good for spying on people coming into the building (naturally discounting the basement rooms)

[hr]

Squishy

Re:

Postby Rache on Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Quoting sartorius from 18:17, 5th Sep 2007

E floor is the basement of McIntosh, what its like depends on wether you a boy or a girl.

The girls rooms are very nice, large, recently decorated, warm in the winter and somehow they dont have that e-floor smell. There are only about 8 girls rooms and they're all together at the far end. The bathroom at the girls end is nice as well.

The boys section, which is most of E floor is very different, its a proper basement with not much sunlight, winding corridors and strange lingering smells (does anyone know what it actually is that e-floor smells of?). The rooms in e floor are actually not that bad, almost all the single rooms are pretty big, and the shared rooms are all of reasonable size. Except The Annex. The Annex is a kind of bunker of the basement, very small rooms and the comedy room, but only 4 people live there. Most of the E floor rooms have a build in cupboard, with gives you loads more storage space than rooms with a wardrobe and there is the dubious advantage of having big windows at ground level, big enough for a person to go in and out of, although theres rules against that.
There is also the library and computer room in e-floor, the biggest of the student kitchens in hall, the main laundry, the secret laundry and gwen the cleaner

Fab! Im on E floor this year (girls bit) and was soo nervous, but thats just cheered me up! Ta! Cant wait for freshers now!
Rache

Re:

Postby sophers on Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:54 pm

I want to be back on E floor. It's going to be hard living in a flat and actually having to think about heating costs. (Girls bit of E floor has 24 hour heating, unlike the rest of hall, hence the about 50°C jump in temperature when you walk from the boys section).

[hr]

i like to look for things no one else catches
i like to look for things no one else catches
sophers

Re:

Postby Squishy on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:36 pm

I think the girls side of E-floor is only inhabited by elves or vampires or something, I hardly ever saw any girls - and I used the irls toilet every day of 2nd semester last year (the showers are sooo nice)

[hr]

Squishy

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:22 pm

E floor is jolly good- no having to climb stairs when drunk, the rooms are a decent size, and the secret laundry is also handy for using as a giant walk in wardrobe. Well, it worked for me.

Also, for all newbies, if a well dressed chap is sitting in the common room, offering to play a game with you, watch out ;)

[s]Please leave a name/pseudonym on all unreg posts for reference purposes. (Although I think I can guss who this is...) Thanks, Mod [/s]

Re:

Postby me! on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:25 pm

E floor is jolly good- no having to climb stairs when drunk, the rooms are a decent size, and the secret laundry is also handy for using as a giant walk in wardrobe. Well, it worked for me.

Also, for all newbies, if a well dressed chap is sitting in the common room, offering to play a game with you, watch out ;)
me!

Re:

Postby ... on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:40 am

Quoting sartorius from 18:17, 5th Sep 2007
strange lingering smells (does anyone know what it actually is that e-floor smells of?)

oh i could make a suggestion about what it is... but that would be cruel...

prize for whoever guesses...

Previous

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)