Home

TheSinner.net

New residents!

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

New residents!

Postby ludy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi guys,

Just thought I would start a thread for you to ask any questions you have, and hopefully meet some of your fellow Chattan residents before you get here.

--Lucy (Senior Student and general Chattan loiterer)

Ps: Could freshers please note that the board admin doesn't allow room numbers from unregistered users. Sorrys, you'll just have to wait and see, or look up your soon-to-be friends on facebook...
ludy

Re:

Postby cmcf17 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Quoting ludy from 15:44, 18th Jul 2007
Hi guys,

Just thought I would start a thread for you to ask any questions you have, and hopefully meet some of your fellow Chattan residents before you get here.

--Lucy (Senior Student and general Chattan loiterer)

Hi! I’ll be a fresher next fall and will be staying in Chattan. I was wondering if anyone could tell be about my room c**, location, size etc.?
cmcf17

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Mod, what happened here?

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby ludy on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Hullo and welcome (pre-emptively) to Chattan!

c-floor is the girls floor one up from the ground, most shared rooms are lovely and big , with high ceilings and good sized windows. You should be far enough away from the common areas to get some peace and quiet, without having to hike all the way to the top, and as a rule all of Chattan is really friendly.

Looking forward to freshers week, hope you are too!

--Lucy

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105476
ludy

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:39 pm

Quoting cain from 21:24, 21st Jul 2007
Mod, what happened here?

[hr]

A mistake??
Might have been cos the same post appeared 12 times... forgot to edit every one.

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi! I'm a Junior Year Abroad-er and I'm on A-floor. So, what's the scoop, gang?

Re:

Postby lts2 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:27 pm

Quoting from 08:43, 23rd Jul 2007
Hi! I'm a Junior Year Abroad-er and I'm on A-floor. So, what's the scoop, gang?

I lived on A floor last year, top floor, amazing views out over the beach and sea if you are on the right side of the building. :)
lts2

Re:

Postby Leighkin on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi I'm a fresher living in D**... any details you can give me about the room?

[s]Please, do not include room numbers in posts. Thanks. - Mod[/s]
Leighkin

Re:

Postby lts2 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:24 pm

Quoting Leighkin from 05:45, 29th Jul 2007
Hi I'm a fresher living in D**... any details you can give me about the room?

[s]Please, do not include room numbers in posts. Thanks. - Mod[/s]

Most of the rooms on D floor (ground floor) are quite big with nice high ceilings. Depending on which room it is you can be beside the common room (which can be a bit noisy). At least you don't have to climb any stairs!!
lts2

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Are you sharing the room with anyone? Coz if so then it's likely to be quite big. Some of the single rooms on D floor are quite small though.

D floor is also the 'quiet floor' because the warden,sub-warden and residence manager all stay there so you won't get away with making much noise!

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby lts2 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:13 pm

That quiet floor business last year was utter crap. Wardens wanted us to trot along that corridor with a fingers on our lips!!
lts2

Re:

Postby sartorius on Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:29 pm

I think I would have been happy with the quite rule if I'd been living in Dfloor last year, that corridor is the main thoroughfare for the whole building and McIntosh isn't exactly soundproof. So if i'd been studying late, on a tuesday evening for example, I'd appreciate not having people make noise on thier way to the common room or congregateing in the corridor. That said I agree that the wardens were overzelous at times, especially at the start of the year, I think that contributed to the slightly muted atmosphere and lack of people using the common room last year.
This year things need to liven up a bit! like it was in first year!

Are there any B-Floor freshers out there by the way? I'm back for my final year in B44.
sartorius

Re:

Postby Alistair on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:02 pm

I don't know what people mean by the "slightly muted atmosphere" or lack of usage of the common room, I would disagree and say that it has been possibly livelier than the previous year, maybe those who have said this have just not used it as much this past year.

Anyway, for those who don't know, the common room is the sort of lounge in hall with a piano, a pool table and much banterousness for all
Alistair

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:50 pm

THAT IS SUCH A COOL WORD! *steals from you*
Quoting Alistair from 21:02, 3rd Aug 2007
banterousness

[hr]

Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby Alistair W on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:26 pm

I didn't notice the "slightly muted atmosphere" that people have mentioned or a lack of usage of the common room. Maybe just those who have said this didn't use the common room as much as before.

Anyway, for all the Freshers who don't know, the common room is the sort of lounge in hall on D-Floor, with a piano and a pool table and many banterous evenings to be had by all.
Alistair W

Re:

Postby Julia on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:37 pm

does anyone know the size of the singles on c floor--big, medium, or small?
Julia

Re:

Postby Julia on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:37 pm

does anyone know anything about the size of the singles on c-floor? thanks!
Quoting ludy from 22:50, 21st Jul 2007
Hullo and welcome (pre-emptively) to Chattan!

c-floor is the girls floor one up from the ground, most shared rooms are lovely and big , with high ceilings and good sized windows. You should be far enough away from the common areas to get some peace and quiet, without having to hike all the way to the top, and as a rule all of Chattan is really friendly.

Looking forward to freshers week, hope you are too!

--Lucy

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105476
Julia

Re:

Postby david on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Hey, I'll be in McIntosh Hall next year and was wondering if you could give me some information on my room (MC/B***), i.e is it near the entrance, what floor is it on etc. That would be fantastic. Can't wait to move in and meet loads of people!

[s]We cannot include actual room numbers in post. Please do not type them in your posts. Thanks - Moderator[/s]
david

Re:

Postby sartorius on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Quoting david from 10:47, 16th Aug 2007
Hey, I'll be in McIntosh Hall next year and was wondering if you could give me some information on my room (MC/B***), i.e is it near the entrance, what floor is it on etc. That would be fantastic. Can't wait to move in and meet loads of people!

[s]We cannot include actual room numbers in post. Please do not type them in your posts. Thanks - Moderator[/s]

That room's on B floor (the MC stands for Mc Intosh) B-floor is second from the top in a building with 4 floors and a basement. The room numbers run all along the length of the central coridor and back again ie. rooms 1,2,3/44,45,46 are at the near end of the building then 25,26,27 are at the very furthest end ( I was in B** last year and it feels like its miles away!) The rooms are mostly long and rectangular and fairly big but theres quite a lot of variation, a few people get lucky with a huge room, some people have to make do with a smaller one. Most rooms have a really nice view either of the cabbage patch garden or of the beach and the old course and some rooms have nice features like fireplaces or built-in cupboards. The double and single rooms are spread throughout the floor so theres a nice mix of freshers and returning students. Both years that I've been in hall B-floor's been one of the most sociable floors, like mcIntosh generally theres always a friendly atmosphere and something going on, like the occasional b-floor dinners that blockade half the corridor.

I'm back in McIntosh for my final year in B**, cant wait to meet you all in a month or so.

[s]Please do not include actual room numbers in posts. This goes for returning students/ex-resindents as well. Thanks - Mod[/s]
sartorius

Ninja-stillnotloggingin

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:09 pm

Ah well most of B-Floor is actually haunted, especially those around the vending machines, and the crying cupboard (I have heard so there!) and the rooms from b-17 to around b-34.

Those numbers are pretty far from the main entrance, but those closer to the main stairs are really sociable places, so if you want any real work done pray they stick you down with the returning students.

Next

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)