Home

TheSinner.net

Quick note to newbies

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Quick note to newbies

Postby o_t4ng on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Hey guys,

Just a quick message to anyone using The Sinner for the first time...

Firstly, please do not include actual room numbers in your posts. You can tell us what floor you're on but it is against forum rules to print actual room numbers. Sorry.

Secondly, be patient. I (as moderator) have to approve any unregistered posts for printing. Unfortunately, I can't check in every day so it may take a few days for your post to appear. I apologise for this... but please hang on. I'm just saying this because I keep getting flooded with multiple copies of the same posts.

Anyway, welcome to the Sinner (McIntosh edition). I hope you find it helpful. There are many users on here (old and new, residents and ex-residents) who are more than willing (usually!) to answer any questions you may have about hall, or any aspect of Uni or St Andrews.
Please keep reading and checking for updates... things may get more exciting in the next month or so as we get closer to the start of the year.
Again I apologise for the slow response on unreg posts... I'll step this up in the interest of the increasing number of posters.

When you arrive don't abandon us! Just cos you're here doesn't mean you can't discuss things online... of course you shouldn't spend all your time in your room, but we will still be here if you need advice or anything. Also, we need you to keep this board running! If you're not here posting this will just be a website with really old words on it... So, keep posting and tell all the friends you will hopefully be making in hall about us too.

Hmm... this was less quick than I anticipated...

I should go and do something productive about now...

[hr]

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Further to the above...

Postby o_t4ng on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:12 pm

Having been queried about the roomnumber rules... I thought I'd just let you know how it works (for me)

Basically, I just go on what previous mods have said... and last year it was definitely against the rules for freshers to give out their room numbers.
I am not toally sure what the actual rules are regarding this (I probably should...) but just to avoid confusion I thought I'd play it safe and restrict all posters. That way I'm not discrimintating at all because I'm not strictly meant to know who is posting... so to save me weeding out unreg freshers, unreg returning students, fresher's with accounts and regular users it is easier to have one rule for all.
I hope this explains things somewhat.

Thanks,
Mod

[hr]

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby Squishy on Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:06 am

Quoting o_t4ng from 15:52, 16th Aug 2007

Firstly, please do not include actual room numbers in your posts. You can tell us what floor you're on but it is against forum rules to print actual room numbers. Sorry.

so does this mean we can include fake room numbers?

In that case Squishy will be residing in either, E60, B Vending Machine 1, A0 or Wherever Laurence and Purie are up to no good.

...Maybe I should find something to do at 2 in the mornig??? - nah

[hr]

Talk to the elbow, 'cause you ain't worth the extension.
Talk to the elbow, 'cause you ain't worth the extension.
Squishy

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)