Home

TheSinner.net

The Hall Ball

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

The Hall Ball

Postby Cain on Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:55 pm

So... what did everybody make of the biggest event in the hall calendar?
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Fish!

Postby Chain Mailer on Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:23 pm

From what I heard people liked the fish :) Apparently they were very chatty :)

[hr]
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby someone on Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:22 pm

I didn't think it was very ball like. You would normally expect ceilidh dancing or something. Although it was nice to see all the fish.
someone

Curiouser and Curioser

Postby the curious orange. on Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:22 pm

this week, i'm curious about where all the money went on the ball.

the bar was overpriced and had tiny measures, the food was too small and not really great, there was hardly any music and nothing to do, there was no disco and no ceilidh, and then there were no people as well.

where did all the money go?

Someone's right though. At least we did get to look at the fishes lol!
the curious orange.

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:32 pm

I thought it was a good venue possibly not suited to what we were looking for though. It felt more like a reception than a ball if you know what i mean.

Also the bar staff were being pricks. I wasnt feeling all that great so i was after some water so i asked and they game me some water from a draught tap thingy. Thirty minutes later, 30 stinkin minutes they later told me that they didnt have draught water and i had to buy bottled water at £1.20 per time. Mean bastards, and i wasnt well too. Surely thats against some rules in the big book of bar rules hand book.

[hr]IMAGE:www.metallica.com/images/media/albums/masterofpuppets_img.jpg

Time for lust, time for lie
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green, heaven you will meet
Make a contribution and you'll get the better seat
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby Rubber Dinghy on Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:46 pm

Yeah, security kind of sucked. But the band were awesome, and I loved the little chess boards - they were neat!
Rubber Dinghy

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:57 am

[s]Slash wannabe wrote on 14:32, 22nd Mar 2004:
I thought it was a good venue possibly not suited to what we were looking for though. It felt more like a reception than a ball if you know what i mean.

...30 stinkin minutes they later told me that they didnt have draught water and i had to buy bottled water at £1.20 per time. Mean bastards, and i wasnt well too. Surely thats against some rules in the big book of bar rules hand book.

I did miss the ball this year from being exhausted it dose sound like a good event though. You have to consider that this was something different. The intention was to provide a different experience to every other ball people would go to this year. We had a very traditional ball last year if that were to be the case for every hall ball every year then they would start to get quite boring.

On the issue of water, apparently the rule about supplying free water in clubs only applies to venues that have regular events if it is something like the aquarium that only has occasional ones the requirement dose not exist.
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby ENeff on Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:27 pm

Ok so the money basically went into security, the food, and the venue. I do know for a fact that it cost a couple grand just for the venue and the security. I was with Lucy when she did all the figures. The free drink, though nasty, was also a ball buster.

I must appologise for the crap music, Brad and I both churned out burned CDs with all the music you all had requested, however the PA, all 4 of the CD players for the systems to all the major parts of the aquarium, simply would not play the discs. We tried about 4 different brands of CD-RW and different copying methods as well. All in all about 40 quid from my pocket was used at Woolworth's to gather compilation albums. The staff also wouldn't allow us to tamper with the levels of the music, so we couldn't make it any louder.

So sorry about the music.
ENeff

Re:

Postby KateBush on Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:40 am

CD RWs don't play on stereos. It's CDRs that do.
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:46 pm

[s]KateBush wrote on 12:40, 12th Apr 2004:
CD RWs don't play on stereos. It's CDRs that do.

Also certain modern CD players don't play CDRs (or CDRWs), unfortunatly.
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby KateBush on Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:59 pm

Really? Oh no:(
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)