Home

TheSinner.net

Hall Website

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Hall Website

Postby Little Ed on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:48 pm

The hall website is up and operational at http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~chattan. It's still in the testing phase, so comments would be appreciated.

[hr]
Brought to you by the fine people at Wagtail Productions.
http://www.wagtail-productions.com.
Little Ed

Re:

Postby Little Ed on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:50 pm

Crap, I messed up.
A working link: http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~chattan
Little Ed

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:52 pm

awesome.

why aren't former hall members who want to retain links able to apply to be members?

surely i am welcome, no? god knows i am going to be helping out often enough (bbq, anyone?????)

its about time hall started retaining links with former residents... and although i have never had a position officially in hall, i feel i have certainly contributed much.

*miffness*
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Tyler Fincher on Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:34 am

Sorry, as yet, there are complications. I'm still trying to sort out all the files, and figure out how to work this new-fangled Perl CGI. Speak to me when next term starts, I'll at least have an answer for you then. :)

[hr]IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~adgc/avatar.JPG
Tyler Fincher

Re:

Postby Colin on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:22 am

[s]quarterstaff wrote on 00:52, 12th Aug 2004:

why aren't former hall members who want to retain links able to apply to be members?

Originally, for Data Protection type reasons - so sleazy old men like myself and nameless former senior students cant find out phone numbers of current residents years after we leave. The members thing was purely for the web version of the Chattan directory. At one point I was going to set it up so previous year's directories were available to those who were there at the time, but Andrew is now running it, so policy is up to your new committee to decide and him to implement.
Colin

Re:

Postby Colin on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:28 am

Although, having said that, anyone can apply for membership of the site - it is up to the committee to say whether or not you count as a resident and to approve/reject the application. So those of us who live there in spirit can be members if the committee see's us so often they think we live there anyway...
Colin

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:50 pm

[s]Colin wrote on 13:28, 12th Aug 2004:
Although, having said that, anyone can apply for membership of the site - it is up to the committee to say whether or not you count as a resident and to approve/reject the application. So those of us who live there in spirit can be members if the committee see's us so often they think we live there anyway...

Can we stop Blincow having membership, who knows what he'll do with phone numbers for girls?

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Tyler Fincher on Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:03 pm

I'll look out for him. :P

There may be a problem concerning access in that some people may of been added to the phonebook without being given access to the phonebook.

So, if you've recieved an Email saying you've been added but still can't access it, let me know.

[hr]IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~adgc/avatar.JPG
Tyler Fincher

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:54 pm

Has anyone heard from/seen Medic? I keep looking in the news to see if there's been a killing spree in Cumbernauld or for Shipman to be pardoned or something but there's been nothing.

I think he's just sitting in a darkened room smiling malevolently, laughing occasionally, and pressing his hands together and rippling them slightly. Same as termtime.
thePontificator

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:17 pm

[s]thePontificator wrote on 23:54, 14th Aug 2004:
Has anyone heard from/seen Medic? I keep looking in the news to see if there's been a killing spree in Cumbernauld or for Shipman to be pardoned or something but there's been nothing.

I think he's just sitting in a darkened room smiling malevolently, laughing occasionally, and pressing his hands together and rippling them slightly. Same as termtime.

took you all summer, and thats all you could come up with, andy? surely your talent for inventive slander has not fallen so far below its normal quick-fire nature ;D

... keep trying, you reach the giddy heights of "being able to make others laugh" one day.

lol

*malevolence*

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:26 pm

alright people, play nicely.

The Funniest moment in hall thread has been left to its own devices as far as moderating is concerned, but i'm not happy with people slagging others off on other threads.

just play it cool guys.

[hr]
I will diminish, and go into fourth year, and remain Cain
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:13 pm

[s]Cain wrote on 21:26, 16th Aug 2004:

The Funniest moment in hall thread has been left to its own devices as far as moderating is concerned, but i'm not happy with people slagging others off on other threads.

just play it cool guys.

What do you mean slagging others off? The way I refer to Medic as malevolent and evil is entirely complimentary. Plus I've seen him paintball and have nothing but respect and mild terror for the guy.

Although who the fuck calls me Andy? Really?
thePontificator

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:31 pm

[s]thePontificator wrote on 00:13, 17th Aug 2004:
[s]Cain wrote on 21:26, 16th Aug 2004:[i]

just play it cool guys.

What do you mean slagging others off? The way I refer to Medic as malevolent and evil is entirely complimentary. Plus I've seen him paintball and have nothing but respect and mild terror for the guy.

Although who the fuck calls me Andy? Really?
[/i]

I do, and apparently he's been seeing Camp David, though not in a gay way, though the arms on that boy make one wonder. Apparently he's considering a change to classics, as cutting people up the way you're told to isn't as much fun. Last thing I heard Blincow's got a free house, just don't lift the slabs on the patio. To be honset I'm amazed that man could lift them up himself.

[hr]
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby liliputian on Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:41 pm

[s]Cain wrote on 21:26, 16th Aug 2004:

just play it cool guys.

i can't believe you've allowed that thread to be left ot it's own devices whilst trying to stop this one as it's "people slagging others off". have you not seen that thread and what i've been subjected to? hmmm....

[hr]
i know you want the sin but not the sinner...
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:37 pm

i would consider that having started that thread you would have been prepared for any eventualities, and that the general attitude of the thread woukld mean that you would expect something like that.

any form of moderator intervention is going to be unpopular. i decided to give that thread a more lax attitude rather than stop what would normally have gone unchallenged. The last thing anybody wants, self included, is for me to come in and say "you can't do that". in a thread that was about sharing whatever stories of the last year and where every body was taking part in the same spirit, and the subject and scope of the stories was relatively wide, i decided that there was no need for moderator intervention.

However, there's not much need for that on a thread about a hall website, is there?

if you were really that concerned or upset about things on the board, or about my moderating, then either send me an email through the sinner, send me an email through my profile, or post a message on the sinner. since nobody complained, i figured nobody was offended.

if you have a problem, let me know. it's the only way i'll learn.
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

weep

Postby cherryblossomgirl on Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:49 am

It just hit me...I'm not coming back to Chattan. Oh, how I'll miss it!!!
cherryblossomgirl

Re:

Postby liliputian on Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:32 pm

apologies for having sounded so serious!
it just amused me that you would assume that blincow would be offended by being called evil!

[hr]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:37 pm

[s]liliputian wrote on 21:32, 20th Aug 2004:
apologies for having sounded so serious!
it just amused me that you would assume that blincow would be offended by being called evil!

He'd be honoured

[hr]
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:00 pm

[s]cherryblossomgirl wrote on 09:49, 19th Aug 2004:

People will let us back in (won't you?), with the added bonus that we won't have to eat hall food.
thePontificator

Re:

Postby cherryblossomgirl on Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:09 am

[s]thePontificator wrote on 21:00, 24th Aug 2004:
[s]cherryblossomgirl wrote on 09:49, 19th Aug 2004:[i]

People will let us back in (won't you?), with the added bonus that we won't have to eat hall food.
[/i]

That's true!
cherryblossomgirl

Next

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)