Home

TheSinner.net

*RAGE*

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:48 am

[s]liliputian wrote on 03:32, 2nd Oct 2004:
Q you don't livei n halls anymore, so i really don't think you have the right to comment on how neil is taking his position. It's not an easy position to be in - between the "electorate" and the warden, and I think you need to appreciate that.

[hr][i]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...

[/i]

David may not be in hall this year but he was neil's electorate, and thus neil is answerable to him.

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:14 am

[s]Tweedle-Dum wrote on 05:48, 3rd Oct 2004:

David may not be in hall this year but he was neil's electorate, and thus neil is answerable to him.

since the first years didn't vote in the senior student elections, does that mean that he has no mandate to look after them?

i would have said that constituents are far more important than the electorate.

[hr]
It's now who you know, it's who who you know knows
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:24 pm

[s]Cain wrote on 09:14, 3rd Oct 2004:
[s]Tweedle-Dum wrote on 05:48, 3rd Oct 2004:[i]

since the first years didn't vote in the senior student elections, does that mean that he has no mandate to look after them?

i would have said that constituents are far more important than the electorate.
[/i]

I would say yes, whilst he is responsible to constituents, he is anwerable to the electorate. If not then he can ignore entirely his manifesto by citing that the voters no longer live here hence don't matter, which would be a ridiculous assertion.

[hr]
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:13 pm

I would say yes, whilst he is responsible to constituents, he is anwerable to the electorate. If not then he can ignore entirely his manifesto by citing that the voters no longer live here hence don't matter, which would be a ridiculous assertion.

quite...

so much for keeping former residents in the loop as it were. it would be simple to have an emailing list like societies and sports clubs do... i have been around hall a reasonable amount for a non-resident, but i do miss other former residents... even just the ones i ocassionally nodded to.

but hey, i guess thats just human nature, and i am guess neil's got way more importanbt things to do (not being sarcastic) such as dealing with a crappy warden, getting his degree and such.

can't be easy.

oh, and neil i have sent you an email about the hall clothing stuff, hope to recieve feedback soon.

(and before anyone comes dashing in thinking i am trying to be in the hall committee and can't accept i have left hall... well, in respect to this hall clothing thingy... i am actually a sales rep for the company, and my boss asked me to make the arrangements for chattan. so there. *sticks out tongue*)
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:52 am

In view of piano damage we are re-considering the suppliers.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:20 pm

[s]Tweedle-Dum wrote on 09:52, 8th Oct 2004:
In view of piano damage we are re-considering the suppliers.

1- i was drunk

2- i am going to see the residence managers on monday

3- i can repair it myself

4- or pay for the repair of it

5- those in the committee who "told" on me... you should have informed me that the committee was being held accountable for my indiscretion, and i would have come forward, and dealt with it, as i am doing now. to tell on me, and not inform me, was not very nice, or very clever.

6- my drunk antics have nothing to do with the syndicate corporation. if the committee has a problem with me, please, ban me from hall - do not penalise syndicate... i work freelance, and do not represent tham in my spare time. they are in no way connected with this incident. if the committee would still like a deal with syndicate over clothing, but feels i am not the right person for the job... i will step back, and syndicate will get in contact through another. lets not get petty about this. my personal and business lives are separate. i hope this can be handled sensibly.

i hope this clarifies things.
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:43 pm

As I was told in a KK interview (and it applies here) if you are seen to commit indiscressions whilst affiliated to an organisation, even when not acting in the capacity of representing said organisation, it is still harmed by your actions.

In short, think before fucking with your potential employers.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby little headache on Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:49 pm

What happened with the piano?

[hr]...the truth is rarely pure and never simple; modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility...
little headache

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:28 pm

[s]little headache wrote on 23:49, 10th Oct 2004:

yes, what indeed? and which piano.

and being drunk is seldom an excuse for anything.

and little headache, is that a quote from Dorian Gray?

[hr]
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:49 am

David broke the lock on the working piano in the common room, it's a five minute job to fix at most

[hr]
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby little headache on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:37 am

[s]Cain wrote on 01:28, 11th Oct 2004:
[s]little headache wrote on 23:49, 10th Oct 2004:[i]

and little headache, is that a quote from Dorian Gray?

[hr]
[/i]
The Importance of Being Earnest... my favorite play :)
Same author though, well done.
[hr]
...the truth is rarely pure and never simple; modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility...
little headache

Re:

Postby Chain Mailer on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:52 pm

[s]quarterstaff wrote on 14:28, 23rd Sep 2004:
WTF!

i cannot believe the warden has decided to ban parties and social gathering during not just exam tie, but also the whole academic year... INCLUDING freshers week!

Tsk Tsk, what a shame! no parties in my ex hall!!! That is shocking!!! :O
Well seeing Mr Sharp is so upset about his ex-fellow-residents, I propose he holds a free-4-all house party at his every weekend nite til the warden lifts the ban :) Wow! What a nice guy!!! Looking out for his fellow students and allowing them the run of his house for the year :)

[hr]
We want the finest wines known to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:28 am

I believe Mr Sharp that you may be getting your sales commision in second semester, but not this one.

Sorry.

Think!
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:39 am

[s]Tweedle-Dum wrote on 12:28, 12th Oct 2004:
I believe Mr Sharp that you may be getting your sales commision in second semester, but not this one.

Sorry.

Think!

i am not getting commision from syndicate.

and the KK are incorrect. when you are not at work, you do not represent your work.

and no, drunkenness is not an excuse, Cain... but it is an explanation.

one good act is not enough to redeem a man, but it would appear that one bad act is enough to condemn him.

besides, this deal was/is negotiable, and hall has missed out on saving some cash here... not one of you attempted to bid the two companies against each other. thats just simply bad business on your part.
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:25 am

[s]quarterstaff wrote on 12:39, 12th Oct 2004:
[s]Tweedle-Dum wrote on 12:28, 12th Oct 2004:[i]

Sorry.

Think!

i am not getting commision from syndicate.

and the KK are incorrect. when you are not at work, you do not represent your work.

and no, drunkenness is not an excuse, Cain... but it is an explanation.

one good act is not enough to redeem a man, but it would appear that one bad act is enough to condemn him.

besides, this deal was/is negotiable, and hall has missed out on saving some cash here... not one of you attempted to bid the two companies against each other. thats just simply bad business on your part.
[/i]

We are doing, just in semester 2, instead of, as originally planned, semester one. It is called sticking to what you know or alternately "good business"
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Chain Mailer on Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:45 am

[s]quarterstaff wrote on 12:39, 12th Oct 2004:

Hey! No quoting Captian Jack! His words are far too superior to be used on this thread!

[hr]
We want the finest wines known to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:57 am

We are doing, just in semester 2, instead of, as originally planned, semester one. It is called sticking to what you know or alternately "good business"

no. making a greater profit is good business. and am not very impressed with the committee... you already told me yes, so i started things in motion. now you say no. thats breach of verbal contract. but, more than that, its just not nice.
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:09 pm

Why the hell are you bothered? How many times have you been round this year? Or are you just avoiding me when you are here??!!

[hr]IMAGE:www.johnkerry.com/feeds/media/120x80.gif
Zombie Sheep

Previous

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)