Home

TheSinner.net

regs ball tickets

This is for people to chat about Regs, to people in Regs, or for residents to chat amongst themselves.

regs ball tickets

Postby Miss Maryland on Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:01 pm

so, did anyone else get shafted?

[hr]...and there was much rejoicing.
...and there was much rejoicing.
Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby Jonny_G on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:51 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that!! If you mean you didn't get a ticket then that is crap. I think the committee screwed up a bit this year with the ball. 120 tickets when there's 180 in hall?? What's that all about? Obviously people are going to want to bring people from outside hall too. I'm also not sure about the venue, it looks like a pub rather than a formal venue but i don't want to slag it off too much till i see inside and i am looking foward to the ball. The committe i think have been generally quite good this year though. Does anyone else think £8 a ticket was a bit pricey considering the £60 hall subs?
Jonny_G

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:34 pm

shafted= jipped, screwed over. i'm going to be critical about it, because i don't have a ticket.

Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:46 pm

here's an explanation of how the tickets were sold:

1. A few days before reading week tickets went on sale to any resident (not to guests at all) and any resident who bought a ticket could put a name of a guest down on a list. This continued till the end of the week after reading week.
2. After this period the tickets were not sold out, there were plenty left.
3. On the sunday of week 8 (raisin sunday i think) tickets went on sale to the people on the guest list (1 guest per resident with a ticket).
4. There were still tickets available after this too!!
5. Raisin monday: tickets went on sale to anyone who wanted one. They sold out at about 3pm.

so there was ample opportunity for any resident who wanted one to get a ticket!

hope this clears things up.

andy.

ps. i think the weeks are correct, but the tickets were definitely on sale to residents only for 2 and a bit weeks.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:32 pm

personally i don't understand the whole st michaels inn thing. if you're going to hire a bus, why not just screw the bus and hire a bigger venue instead?

Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby Ashley on Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:37 pm

It does seem a little unfortunate; I would have liked to have popped along myself.

Oh well, such is life.

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:49 pm

oh well, i hope everyone had a good time anyway. i dunno if i could have had more fun at the ball than i did last night- i went to see master and commander, which was incredible.

Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby JP Patches on Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:53 pm

[s]Ashley wrote on 17:37, 5th Dec 2003:
It does seem a little unfortunate; I would have liked to have popped along myself.

Oh well, such is life.

Wish you had been there Ashley. It was really good - lots of the old crew came along and it was like old times. *Cue nostalgic memories of the countless times we've all belted out Build Me Up Buttercup to the heavens* We missed you, buddy.
JP Patches

Re:

Postby Ashley on Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:07 pm

Aww. JP, you are too much!

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Return to St Regulus Hall (Regs)