Home

TheSinner.net

DRH to Regs

This is for people to chat about Regs, to people in Regs, or for residents to chat amongst themselves.

DRH to Regs

Postby hoopy froodette on Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:20 am

Hi! I'm from DRH, but sometime in January I will be joining you in Regs. So... what's it like? I'm going to be in C1 - anyone know what it's like or who I might be sharing with?
p.s. I've heard it's really cold in Regs. Is that true?

[hr]Can you imagine a world without hypothetical situations?
Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie.
hoopy froodette

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:00 pm

Regs is excellent!! you'll really love it. It's not cold at all, unless you're at the end of the corridor on D floor like me :(.
I don't think you'll be able to find out who your roommate will be until you move in, try asking accomodation services...

see you in january!

andy.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:47 am

As far as i remember C1 is at the end of the corridor, its right next to the new shower and toilet blocks so is in a good area. The food is like school dinners but the hall has a great atmosphere. Look forward to meeting you when you come.

Re:

Postby hoopy froodette on Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:49 pm

Actually, I am supposed to know who my room-mate is. Other people have been given their room-mates name and university email address. Maybe my room-mate is a JSA, which would explain why Accommodation Services might not know who she is yet!
My room is right next to new bathroom facilities - excellente!
How many people/rooms are there to a corridor?
I look forward to meeting you all soon!

p.s. If whoever lives in C1 now is reading this: hurry up and tell Accommodation Services when you're moving out so they can tell me when I'm moving in!

[hr]Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie.
hoopy froodette

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:08 pm

[s]hoopy froodette wrote on 13:49, 11th Jan 2004:
How many people/rooms are there to a corridor?

It's hard to say (without going down there and counting...) but on your corridor there are about 8/9 rooms with 2 people in each one. C floor is basically one big corridor on 3 sides of a square, and the 8/9 rooms are on one of the sides.

p.s. If whoever lives in C1 now is reading this: hurry up and tell Accommodation Services when you're moving out so they can tell me when I'm moving in!

i was under the impression that if it was JSAs in C1 last semester they would have moved out already after sitting exams in december. otherwise they would be here for the whole year and not be moving out.
There are a number (3 i think) of ex-DRH people already moved in. Do you have anywhere to stay at the moment? surely your contract will have been from the 7th?
i may be wrong, but if this is the case then you should speak to accommodation services about it.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby hoopy froodette on Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:57 pm

[/i]
i was under the impression that if it was JSAs in C1 last semester they would have moved out already after sitting exams in december. otherwise they would be here for the whole year and not be moving out.
Do you have anywhere to stay at the moment? surely your contract will have been from the 7th?
[/i]

The DRH contracts were for the first semester - so til the 2nd of Febuary, so a lot of us are still here in DRH. My Regs contract will be for the second semester, but we're all supposed to move in before then. I thought whoever was/is in my new room would have moved out by now too! Accommodation Services said they couldn't tell me when I was moving becvause the current occupant hadn't told them when they were moving out. I'll pester them if there's no news soon. Thanks for the help!

[hr]
hoopy froodette

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:40 pm

ah, makes sense that you get a place in DRH till the end of the exams.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:14 am

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 18:08, 11th Jan 2004:

Actually, I've known JSAs who stay and do their exams after Christmas. It isn't unheard of, and could be what is happening in this case.

[hr]
[s]"When I was seven, I used to eat ants."

Dominic Monaghan, 'The Two Towers:Extended Edition' cast commentary

[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Return to St Regulus Hall (Regs)