Home

TheSinner.net

New Forum

This is for people to chat about Regs, to people in Regs, or for residents to chat amongst themselves.

New Forum

Postby andrewdalgleish on Fri May 07, 2004 11:25 am

Sunil, our new computer rep, has set up a forum for regs under our very own domain to replace this forum next year, with a website to follow. (that's what i was meant to do :S)

take a look at
http://www.st-regs.co.uk/forum/

andy.

(i've seen the new website and its looking good!)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Tim Bisley on Fri May 07, 2004 12:54 pm

That site just looks geeky. It's better left alone on the sinner.
Tim Bisley

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Fri May 07, 2004 2:17 pm

geeky = good :p

(blame Sunil)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Lonely_Soul on Fri May 07, 2004 4:26 pm

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 15:17, 7th May 2004:
geeky = good :p

(blame Sunil)

Hi Tim,

The forum is not really meant to "rival" the ones on here. The hall website was in dire need of an update, and in the course of the hall committee discussions regarding that it became apparant that we would like a bit more than what is on the sinner.

The Regs website itself will be going online properly in a few days, I am just awaiting some content from other people. Included in that will naturally be a link to The Sinner, as this site is a great guide to St. Andrews. The Regs website will have in-hall information - for example, for Freshers who will be in hall next year - which is simply not applicable to most Sinner users; in addition, in-hall events, photos etc. will be put on the website as the year progresses. If the idea takes off well, hopefully people will check the site frequently to find out what's on in hall - and the committee feel that a forum based around the Regs community, integrated with the Regs site, is appropriate.

As for geeky, I havn't really publicised the board so far in Regs, and wasn't going to until the site was up, but we have had 14 users and 45 messages in less than 24 hours (after I told one table at lunch!), which I feel justifies the board. It is based on PHPBB (www.phpbb.com) which is one of the most widely used boards on the net. Personal preference, really, but no-one else has complained yet.

Sunil
Lonely_Soul

Re:

Postby uni-haller on Tue May 11, 2004 4:06 pm

So it's gonna try and be a bit like the uni hall site then only not as a fully stand-alone site?

And not as swanky obv ;P
uni-haller

Return to St Regulus Hall (Regs)