Home

TheSinner.net

So what's St Andrews really like?!!

For discussion in IR. Principally for students in IR1005 to discuss lectures and related topics. Please register an account with the same username as your uni email to reduce confusion.

So what's St Andrews really like?!!

Postby Laura on Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:11 am

As a prospective student possibly starting at St Andrews this September, what's it really like?! On the message board I've read fairly positive reports and very negative reports, and now don't know what to think!

What's the accomodation like?
Does the size of St Andrews become claustrophobic at all? In a bad way?!!
Can anyone tell me what the English department is like?!

Thanks, Laura x
Laura

drink

Postby gonno green on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:22 pm

drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink
drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink
drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink
drink drink smoke weed drink
drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink drink drink smoke weed drink
gonno green

Re:

Postby dan greenberg on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:23 pm

you forgot random sex
dan greenberg

Re:

Postby HopeWhitmore on Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:32 pm

Well, St Andrews is a great place to be. Small but with loads going on. I really like it.

The Eng Lit department is ok, but they don't offer any modules in Eng lang, which is a disapointment for saome people. There is quite a lot of freedom, but the first ywear of the course can seem a little patronising at times, they teach you how to write essays again, etc. But the poems we study are good, in a weird way, things you might not have read otherwise (i've just finished doing Plath), but my major is IR. im just doing eng to fill creds, and because it's interesting.

as for accomadation, it depends what hall you're allocated to. Every one butches about albamny park, but I think it's great, you get to be by the sea.
HopeWhitmore

Re:

Postby strawberry on Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:04 pm

aah yes. random sex. with people that you inevitably crash into by the cabbages in tesco. or alternatively while attempting to print an essay in the library while looking spectacularly rough...
strawberry

Return to International Relations