Home

TheSinner.net

PS1002

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

PS1002

Postby [James] on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Okeydokey... I just got re-advised into PS1002, having escaped the awful non-subject of Social Anthropology. I didn't do PS1001 and I've missed the first two weeks of this module, so I'm a bit clueless as to what I need to do.

I take it labs and practicals etc have already started - who's the person to contact to get signed up for one?

[hr]

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html
[James]

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 pm

all the lecture slides go up on webCT either before the lecture or straight after the lecture
lab classes are on mondays or tuesdays either go to one of the following
10-12(mon i think), 2-4 mon (but this group is too big), 4-6 mon, and similar times on tuesday
not havin done PS1001 won't make too much difference as the lecture subjects are based on no prior knowledge
lab classes we did parametric tests last semester and this semester we are doing non parametric
but if you contact paul gardner he is the course controller but off top of my head i can't remember what his email add is
lizzie_liz

Re:

Postby Garnet on Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:22 pm

I am inexactly the same situation. I just e-mailed the course co-ordinator, his e-mail is in the course catalogue. I would like to know where are the labs held and what is involved in them?

Thank you

[hr]

Oh no, have i said too much? Damn, damn these lips of mine!

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106569
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby JM on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:18 pm

labs are normally held in the old library or old parliament hall - both in psych building.

they mainly revolve around statistics although there will be a few dedicated to the stuff you cover in class!!!!

PS1002 is alright (from memory) sometimes u may find it a drag but if you stick at it, and go onto 2nd year, it improves.

best of luck :)

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:10 pm

lab classes are held downstairs near the common room, it is i think signposted
it involves stats and a lab report is being given out this week
lizzie_liz

Return to Psychology