Home

TheSinner.net

Dritschel

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

Dritschel

Postby lizzie_liz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 pm

i don't know about anyone else but do any of you find her one of the worst lectures ever...i really enjoy psychology the subject hence why that is my planned degree but she is one of those people who could put you off a subject. all she ever does is read from the slides and pause mid sentence.
what is the point in lectures as she does not give any more infomation..no wonder the lectures have very few people turning up!
sorry rant over
lizzie_liz

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:37 pm

Trying to refresh my own memory here... she has a German accent and teaches abnormal psychology, right?

Have to admit that I found her okay, but that may be because I was particularly interested in that bit of the course.

Bizarrely, she and someone else are supposed to be course controllers for PS2001 and PS2002 but I don't believe I've set eyes on either of them for the whole year.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby JM on Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:05 pm

Isnt she the head of department???

i didnt know she taught us Amorphous...cool

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Quoting JM from 14:05, 19th Feb 2006
Isnt she the head of department???

i didnt know she taught us Amorphous...cool

Not sure about the head of the department thing - the Psychology website (which, against all odds, seems to actually have some useful information) lists her as being Academic Staff with Professor Verity Brown being Head of School.

Actually, just discovered that the 'Dritschel taught us in first year' thing is utter bollocks - that was Dr Jentzsch.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:07 pm

Dritschel is has an american accent like the ones on those old biology videos you watched in school
dr jentzsch is almost as bad as she mumbles...are there any good female psych lecturers?
lizzie_liz

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:36 pm

Quoting lizzie_liz from 18:07, 19th Feb 2006
Dritschel is has an american accent like the ones on those old biology videos you watched in school
dr jentzsch is almost as bad as she mumbles...are there any good female psych lecturers?

I thought Dr. Astell was pretty good at the actual lecturing part, though it would have been nice to get her lecture notes on WebCT - even if she claimed they were notes for her, not us, there were certain statistics on the slides that I didn't get a chance to write down and they weren't on the handouts we got either.

I have noticed that there seems to be some sort of male/female lecturer split for Psychology topics - we get male lecturers for 'technical' topics like perception and conditioning and female lectures for more fuzzy topics like social and abnormal.

Dr. Gomez (language) is a bit of a grey area - on the one hand, technical models of language acquisition, on the other hand, frequent pictures of babies...
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Mong on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:12 pm

Dr Jentzsch is very cool, theres even a facebook group dedicated to her:

http://standrews.facebook.com/group_pro ... p?gid=7838

But Dritschel gives me headaches like theres no tomorrow, one of the worst lecturers ive ever had.
Mong

Re:

Postby Garnet on Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:15 pm

I agree totally. I actually missed today's lecture because I can just read the lecture notes myself and get a better understanding than falling asleep listening to her voice read them.

[hr]

WHEN THE GOING GETS WEIRD
THE WEIRD TURN PRO.
-RAOUL DUKE

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106569
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby Cuchulainn on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 pm

People actually walk out during her lectures, especially at the end when she starts asking questions... as for Dr Jentzsch, she is excellent, and so cute!
'You can find a job and sort your life out any time, the pub closes in five hours'
Cuchulainn

Re:

Postby Mong on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:05 pm

I think people walk out at then end when she's asking questions because she always ends her lectures about 5 minutes past the hour, meaning we have no time to get to our next lecture... and that shes the most amazingly patronizing woman ever during those questions
Mong

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:45 pm

Out of interest, what area of Psychology is Dr Dritschel teaching you? It sounds like they've restructured PS1001 and 1002 since last year (unless I'm way off on what year you all are - if so, sorry!) and I'm quite curious about what they've done with it.

I think people walk out at then end when she's asking questions because she always ends her lectures about 5 minutes past the hour, meaning we have no time to get to our next lecture...

For some reason all the Psych lecturers seem to think that lectures should start at 10 past and finish at 5 to the hour, whereas the rest of the university (the bits that are relevant to me, anyway) start at 5 past and finish at 10 to. This is the very antithesis of fun when you have a lecture straight after Psych, the lecturer finishes late, and the next lecture is in the middle of town. Still, I suppose exercise isn't a bad thing...
Amorphous

Re:

Postby JM on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:50 pm

Still, I suppose exercise isn't a bad thing...[/quote]

no, really, it is

[hr]

JM

Re:

Postby lizzie_liz on Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:34 pm

i was told it starts at 10 past and should finish at 10 to, ie is 5 min shorter than other subjects.
lizzie_liz

Return to Psychology