Home

TheSinner.net

PS3010

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

PS3010

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:00 pm

Whats the deal with the past paers for this. I know he said the syllabus had chnged, and I have the ones he put on webct.

BUT, where can we look for the primate stuff?Is it just like the section 2 bits from the past papers?

Not much help at all, expecially just giving us 2 for developmental, stupid.

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:15 pm

I think it is a case of just looking around for relevant questions - though bear in mind, if the questions mention something you don't know, it may well be that someone else taught that section of evolutionary psych.

The difference this year is that it was geared a bit more towards the developmental stuff so you could relate them to each other and in other years, developmental hasn't even been taught, so there will be things that didn't come up this year that have before and vice versa.

But basically, if you know your stuff come the exam, then you should be able to answer any question on it anyway :-)

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...

...And I am a Sinner Goddess.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:44 pm

so having looked at the notes from class, Ive seen that theyre not that good, or in that much detail.

So has everyone just been reading the readings?Or is there a text book somewhere?

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:23 pm

No textbook - there's an emphasis on primary sources this year :-P Although Gomez mentioned his own book once or twice, might be worth a look.

I've actually found this module pretty straight-forward - it's ps3008 i'm struggling horribly with :-/

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby yikes on Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:17 pm

Im struggling with answering the actual past papers for the animal things. Ive done all the readings, but everythings so complicated, I just dont know what angle the exam questions will be on.
yikes

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:20 pm

Can't really help you with that - i haven't looked at any past papers, don't tend to do that until nearer the exam.

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Nimby on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:59 pm

What do you think are the chances of language acquisition being in the paper tomorrow? I beginning to stress out at the amount of stuff I'm trying to learn, and it'd help to narrow it down a bit!
Nimby

Re:

Postby ribs on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:13 pm

It came up in the CA so not sure - you're probably better off looking at everything just in case as there isn't going to be much choice if things go wrong tomorrow.

[hr]

Riddick: Remember that favorite game of yours?
Kyra: "Who's the Better Killer?"
Riddick: Let's play.
Summer is a state of mind.
ribs

Re:

Postby ClaireyMoo on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:08 pm

Does anyone know what percentage of our final grade is made up from the exam? Is it like second year when it was 25% coursework and 75% exam, or is it 60/40?

Hopefully this exam is nicer than yesterdays!
ClaireyMoo

Return to Psychology