Home

TheSinner.net

PS1001 exam

With so many students studying psychology, we now have our own forum rather than clogging up the main sinner forum!

PS1001 exam

Postby d_24 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Not that a MCQ exam isn't easy enough but upon looking for some past papers to practice on I could only find one from 7 years ago, where there were essay questions and 45 MCQs.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get some recent exam papers with answers?
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 pm

In addition, is the exam only on Foundations, Developmental and Neuro? Or is there more methodology?

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby starsandsparkles on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Quoting d_24 from 12:35, 9th Jan 2008
Not that a MCQ exam isn't easy enough but upon looking for some past papers to practice on I could only find one from 7 years ago, where there were essay questions and 45 MCQs.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get some recent exam papers with answers?

There's no past papers because, I think, they use roughly the same questions every year.

Last year there was no methodology on the main exam, only in the class test before Christmas.
starsandsparkles

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 pm

In the module handbook/workbook it says that they "don't normally" give out past papers.

Also I email Paul Gardener and he said:

"Since we re-use questions from previous years it is difficult for us to
provide past papers. The Foundations test that you did a couple of
months ago should be a good indicator of the style and level of
questions. There are also examples in the online Pearsons textbook guide
and individual lecturers will have provided further examples during
their lectures."

Hope that helps!

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:46 pm

I want to go back to first year, I want to go back to first year, I want to go back to first year...
Maybe if I say it enough it will happen. fourth year has me stressed to the point of not sleeping. Argh.

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:38 pm

I completely agree - MCQ exams seem so much better now than they did back then. I could do MCQs on neuroscience - i can't write a bloody integrative, analytical essay on it though :-(

And...just to stay vaguely on topic...the first year exam is harder than you'd think it might be - make sure you've read the recommended reading and not just the lectures as i'm sure i remember stuff coming up from book chapters that weren't explicitly talked about in lectures. Though, admittedly, you don't really have to do so if all you care about is passing of course.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby d_24 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:33 pm

Damn, that was pretty easy :D Apart from the stuff that we had never covered at all in class ever *rolls eyes* We should have MCQs for every exam!
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:34 pm

*sigh* i was in with some first years in the Gateway - so jealous. Especially when my hand started to cramp from all that essay writing and they were lazily marking boxes :P

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:26 pm

A nice wee MCQ for crowd behaviour. I still know nothing. This does not feel good. ARGH

[hr]

nighteyes

Return to Psychology