Home

TheSinner.net

I couldn't give a monkey's about elections...

For discussions of elections only please.

Candidates must use a Sinner account which features their full name. No unregistered posts will be allowed.

I couldn't give a monkey's about elections...

Postby Griggsy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:24 am

sad as this is, but I doubt I'm the only one.

Anyone who can manage to persuade me otherwise in 20 words gets my vote!

[hr]

'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
Griggsy

Re:

Postby Pan on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:47 am

Vote or the Dalek will exterminate you

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Harry Giles on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:14 am

Ever had a job that sucked? I'm campaigning for employment advocacy. Simple, jargon-free practical change affecting thousands. Check website.
Harry Giles

...in 20 words:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Choose the bar. Choose the Bop. Choose debates. Choose charity. Choose theatre. Choose low rents. Choose Sarah Secombes. Choose elections.

[hr]

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby Griggsy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 pm

That was pretty good, though I think being in my final year makes me feel even more apathetic to the whole saga.

[hr]

Griggsy

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:01 am

In March 2004 plenty of magistrands voted for your first sabbs, officers and representatives. Your turn to do the same for the 2008 intake.

[hr]

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby RandomMusings on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:49 am

Griggsy,

Athiest is right. I'm sure you have mates in 1st, 2nd and 3rd year. You have the chance here to have a say in how they are represented next year.
You never know, you may know some of the candidates and think "I know them - they could do a really good job", or conversely, "I'd never want that person to represent anyone". Getting your vote in means that you have had your say, and in theory, the students still here next year have the benefit of your knowledge and experience.
Hope this helps

[hr]

Phil Pass
SRC Accommodation Officer Candidate

Vote Friday March 14th 2008
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Re:

Postby maenad on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 pm

I don't understand the 'final year' reasoning - I have been trying to get people to sign the low cost accommodation petition and it's surprising the number of people who respond with 'No thanks - I'm a fourth year' or 'No thanks - I already have a flat'. The 'I'm alright Jack' attitude saddens me.

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Re:

Postby gandalf on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Vote Andrew Keenan and he will protect you from the dalek with his fantastic beard and brilliant good looks...
gandalf

Return to Elections 2008