Home

TheSinner.net

Posters

For discussions of elections only please.

Candidates must use a Sinner account which features their full name. No unregistered posts will be allowed.

Posters

Postby ojk6 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:42 am

Just an observation: this is the allocated University's "Green Week", according to the Memos for Undergraduates.

Isn't it slightly ironic that there are two or three copies of each poster on the doors here at DRA (at least to my building)? ...and some of the candidates are claiming to be green friendly!
ojk6

Re:

Postby mhuzzell on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:09 am

There's green-friendly and then there's pragmatic. I'm all for saving paper,* but please don't try to tell me it's possible to get elected without posters and fliers (unless of course one is running unopposed).

Many of the candidates really care about 'green' issues. For instance, Harry Giles is responsible for the fact that all election publicity must include an encouragement to recycle it after the election. Many of the candidates sit or have sat on the E&E committee and work tirelessly on environmental issues.

Molly Uzzell
candidate for Association Chair

*No, seriously. I save unused halves of notebooks. I never print unless I have to, and I re-use printer fuckups. I write on the back. I'm currently using the spent days of a 2007 page-a-day calendar that someone gave me as note- and scrap-paper. I've run around like a lunatic at societies fairs to make sure there was paper recycling available. I've also occasionally been known to pluck paper out of bins to recycle it. Please don't begrudge me a few posters and fliers.

[hr]

I FOUND JESUS... he was behind the couch the whole time!
I FOUND JESUS... he was behind the couch the whole time!
mhuzzell

Re:

Postby ojk6 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:38 am

I didn't suggest completely abandoning paper for posters and fliers... but I did suggest that it wasn't necessary to put three on one door.
ojk6

Re:

Postby ojk6 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:38 am

I didn't suggest completely abandoning paper for posters and fliers... but I did suggest that it wasn't necessary to put three on one door.
ojk6

Re:

Postby Lid on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:03 pm

If you define a door as a poster board, that means it's in breach of election rules

You are only allowed to put one piece of publicity on each notice board. Adjacent notice boards are treated as one notice board.

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Jono on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:35 pm

I was around there yesterday, and I didn't notice any more than one poster per candidate on each door. A slight exaggeration?

Besides, all the posters are printed on recycled paper, have to contain encouragement to recycle, and like as not, will end up either recycled, or decomposed under a hedge and returning to the shiny green earth from whence it came!

[hr]

Jonathan Davies for SSC Societies Officer

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2 ... 144&ref=mf
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby maenad on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Yeah, there shouldn't be more than one poster per candidate on any board or door, as far as I'm aware.

I hate the posters, flyers and leaflets too, but people just aren't going to look up 60 Facebook groups and sit through 12 hours of hecklings to decide who to vote for - I don't see that candidates have any other way to get their name out there.

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Return to Elections 2008