Home

TheSinner.net

Royce Hunt for Director of Student Development and Activities

For discussions of elections only please.

Candidates must use a Sinner account which features their full name. No unregistered posts will be allowed.

Royce Hunt for Director of Student Development and Activities

Postby Lid on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 am

Hello, I’m Royce, one of your candidates for Director of Student Development and Activities.

Well, DoSDA is a big job, I’ve worked alongside Jenny all year on the Societies Committee, so I’ve experienced it first hand. There’s a lot to do, looking after all those societies and subcommittees, but I think I can make it better, no fancy gimmicks, just getting the job done.

This is what I want to do, and by when:
• Establish a fund for societies to apply to, should they want to make their events a bit greener. Everything goes – from digital publicity, to recycled paper, to conservation projects. By September.
• Work with the Chinese Students and Scholars Association to get more of the student body into the union with roomshare agreements and more tailored facilities. First draft by End of July.
• Cut red tape, meaning you can do more of your events, with less, and easier, health and safety forms. By October.
• Bridge cultures by hosting more large cultural events. All year long!
• Work to increase funding for societies and subcommittees badly in need of a cash injection; and improve facilities using an equipment share register. By September, and looking for sponsorship opportunities all year long.
At St Andrews, we have a student community like no other, and we do massive amounts with very little. With your support, I’m prepared to take one year of my otherwise insignificant life to make your student experience significantly better!

Feel free to ask any questions...
Royce Hunt - nominated for Director of Student Development and Activities

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Return to Elections 2008