Home

TheSinner.net

Lindsay Macdougall: Nominated for SSC Charities Officer

For discussions of elections only please.

Candidates must use a Sinner account which features their full name. No unregistered posts will be allowed.

Lindsay Macdougall: Nominated for SSC Charities Officer

Postby linz45 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:33 am

Hi, feel free to ask any questions you have, thanks
linz45

Re:

Postby ShinyHappyPerson on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:41 pm

Hi,

I'll start the ball rolling...

1) if elected, what do you think are the main challenges you will face within the Charities Campaign during your term?

2) How do you see the role of Charities Officer outside of the day-to-day running of the Campaign, ie within the SSC and the Association as a whole?

3) if you were to be unsuccessful, will you still continue to be involved in the Charities Campaign?

Stewart Drennan

[hr]

"its the best thing since instant mashed potato"
ShinyHappyPerson

Re:

Postby linz45 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:44 pm

hey stewart, thanks for the questions

Well i think one of the biggest challenges will be volunteer retention. As we know we have some great people volunteering but they can easily be lost because we dont keep them interested. I really want to try to make charities meeting more of a social event by getting everyone to go for drink after the meeting so we can get to know everyone involved well and hopefully make them want to come back. I am also planning to have everyone signed up as a millenium volunteer. Now i know not everyone agrees with it becase they say that if your doing voluntree work you shouldn't need a reward but i think it is a great way to show how much time and effort really put in. When people talk about being involved in RAG week im sure most people dont realise how many hours are put into it so i think people should have their hard work recognised in a format that employers etc can understand.

As for the role outside the committee i think its a really important one. Charities is a huge part of st andrews life and with us having one of the highest per head student fundraising totals in the uk its very important to have someone sit on ssc and play a role and give the oppinions of the students about what the association is doing charity wise. I think it would be good to build on the relationships with the other people who sit on ssc to make us a more cohesive team working towards the same goals of representing the students oppinions about our union. Hopefully if SVS becomes affiliated we can work closely with them beacause of the similar interests we have which will make both charities and svs stronger committees.

As for if i dont win, i will still be involved with charities as much as possible. Ive had a great year and i really want to build on things that we have started this year such as race to paris and the gilbert rugby and to use my knowledge from RAG confrence to further the campaign in which ever way i can.

Thanks for the questions, hope that answers them!

Lindsay

Quoting shinyhappyperson from 22:41, 11th Mar 2006
Hi,

I'll start the ball rolling...

1) if elected, what do you think are the main challenges you will face within the Charities Campaign during your term?

2) How do you see the role of Charities Officer outside of the day-to-day running of the Campaign, ie within the SSC and the Association as a whole?

3) if you were to be unsuccessful, will you still continue to be involved in the Charities Campaign?

Stewart Drennan

[hr]

linz45

Re:

Postby LK Today on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:45 pm

Well done Lindsay. I look forward to working with you!

Lee Kane
DoSDA Elect

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102636
LK Today

Return to Elections 2006