Home

TheSinner.net

Can't Wait!!!

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Can't Wait!!!

Postby streakeye on Mon May 16, 2005 11:00 am

Just lyk 2 say i rely can't wait 2 cum 2 st.andrews.thinkin of it as a chance to start again.seperated from my 3year boyfriend last september, so feel lyk i need to get away.(wots the talent lyk in st.andrews btw?)can't wait 2 meet new friends and have an awesum time.

If any other people who are cumin 2 st.andrews in september wana e-mail or message me, feel free. streakeye@hotmail.co.uk
streakeye

Re:

Postby falach on Mon May 16, 2005 11:01 am

lern2typ
falach

Re:

Postby raheli on Mon May 16, 2005 3:02 pm

r u lyk 4 reel? wtf is up w/txttlk????!!!!

in all seriousness have a good time in standrews-- you certainly sound like you're up for it!
Intelligence is good. I'm not very intelligent myself, but I think it's a nice idea.
raheli

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Tue May 17, 2005 6:15 pm

wen R U cumming 2 sta?txt wen u cum.

[hr]

This post may be intended in jest and should be read as such. Any queries relating to the seriousness of it should be addressed to the author. The author requests that readers DO NOT follow the advice or requests in this post. This statement is retrospective with regards to all previous sinner posts.
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Tue May 17, 2005 6:36 pm

When I heard her say talent, all I could think about were strippers...why?

[hr]

RUSH KATO '05!

rush.kato@gmail.com
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Also excited!

Postby alyssa on Wed May 18, 2005 8:08 am

hey everyone!

I wanted to pop by and say that I'm also absolutely smitten with my offer, and I can't wait to start St. Andrews in September! The only problem of course being my grades - they were pretty harsh in asking for a 7 for English HL, as usual not caring to notice a huge difference between, say, B HL and the A1 HL that I do... oh well, any IB'ers should see what I mean.

At any rate, Im crossing me fingers and toes for myself, hope to be up North in the next few months!

Alyssa
alyssa

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Wed May 18, 2005 12:46 pm

Where does one actually study an IB? I had never even heard of them before I started to apply for Unis again

[hr]

'What did you say, my boy? It's all over? That's what you said... but it isn't at all. It's far from being all over...'
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Wed May 18, 2005 12:50 pm

The only place I knew that did IB was ACS Hillingdon. That is the sum total of my knowledge of IB...

[hr]

RUSH KATO '05!

rush.kato@gmail.com
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Poppy on Wed May 18, 2005 3:01 pm

St Leonards are now doing IB aswell as A levels hence all the Germans- make for an ace tennis team however. Ha the little pun was not meant. :) Muffins!
Poppy

Re:

Postby Caroline on Wed May 18, 2005 6:27 pm

Oi you two at the top, she is only being friendly...don't put her off of the place by bein so anal!

I wish I was goin in2 first year again, it was so exciting! Now all I have to look forward to after summer is honours...yay. Nah you guys will have a blast in first year, and if everything goes well, you wont even remember freshers week!

Take Care & All the best!
Caroline x
Caroline

Re:

Postby princess on Wed May 18, 2005 7:30 pm

Quoting alyssa from 10:03, 18th May 2005
The only problem of course being my grades - they were pretty harsh in asking for a 7 for English HL, as usual not caring to notice a huge difference between, say, B HL and the A1 HL that I do... oh well, any IB'ers should see what I mean.

At any rate, Im crossing me fingers and toes for myself, hope to be up North in the next few months!

Alyssa

I did the IB and you are absolutely right, there is a huge difference!...silly ignorant people... Good luck in getting that though! Oh, maybe they'll be a bit more lenient if you have a higher level of English, like A2 or A1...but maybe not, don't know.
princess

A little bit about the IB

Postby Alyssa on Wed May 18, 2005 10:32 pm

You do the IB in international schools all over the world, incidentally there's one in London. I happen to be in Vienna, Austria and do my IB here. You can score a total of 45 points, with a 7 in each of the six subjects you take + 3 extra points you can win over with a successfully completed course on the Theory of Knowledge (compulsory) and a good Extended Essay (essay of your choice, max. 4000 words).

St Andrews seems to be asking for an average of about 36 points, which is about AAB or so if translated to ALevels. So, a little tough but do-able. But they are also asking *me* specifically for a 7 in English HIGHER LEVEL. With the IB you can take English A1 HL, A2 HL or even B HL. LOl, now - what I'm whining about is that they don't seem to distinguish between A1 HL and B HL, while the difference is like... between an ocean and a desert.

I have been having exams now for the past 2 weeks. My last IB exam is on Monday and Tuesday on this upcoming week, German, after which I'm done and will have to wait for my results until July 6th, when I can read them off the bloody internet, Yay. Only then will I know whether.... dum dum dum dummmmm.... I got into St Andrews or not. If not, its Edinburgh for moi.

Over and out.
Alyssa

Re:

Postby streakeye on Fri May 20, 2005 10:42 pm

Quoting raheli from 18:02, 16th May 2005

in all seriousness have a good time in standrews-- you certainly sound like you're up for it!

sorry, didn't realise anyone would find it weird because me and my mates always e-mail in txt talk.it's quicker and shorter. cheers caroline!
streakeye

Re:

Postby novium on Sat May 21, 2005 9:42 am

but it's also excessively annoying and juvenile. You have a full keyboard and presumably a familiarity with the english language; use them. So we can understand.

Quoting streakeye from 23:38, 20th May 2005
Quoting raheli from 18:02, 16th May 2005

sorry, didn't realise anyone would find it weird because me and my mates always e-mail in txt talk.it's quicker and shorter. cheers caroline!

[hr]

Wipe your hand across your mouth, and laugh;
The worlds revolve like ancient women
Gathering fuel in vacant lots.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby pinkymoo on Sat May 21, 2005 2:03 pm

Oi, novium, go and hoof yourself and stop being a dobber...if streakeye wants to type like that, leave it man!! jeeeeeeeeesus!!!

Streakeye, dont let dobbers like them put off....we're not all dicks!!!
pinkymoo

Re:

Postby novium on Sun May 22, 2005 8:54 am

Quoting pinkymoo from 17:03, 21st May 2005
Oi, novium, go and hoof yourself and stop being a dobber...if streakeye wants to type like that, leave it man!! jeeeeeeeeesus!!!

Neither are we uneducated 14 year olds.

[hr]

Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Caroline on Sun May 22, 2005 5:14 pm

As cliche as it sounds....get a life mate!

Quoting novium from 11:54, 22nd May 2005
Quoting pinkymoo from 17:03, 21st May 2005

Neither are we uneducated 14 year olds.

[hr]

Caroline

Re:

Postby Foz on Mon May 23, 2005 10:31 pm

hi all im starting at st andrews this year aswell and like you i cant wait. whats everyone new studying? im doing economics.
Foz

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Thu May 26, 2005 6:05 pm

Russian and German...

[hr]

'What did you say, my boy? It's all over? That's what you said... but it isn't at all. It's far from being all over...'
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby streakeye on Thu May 26, 2005 8:21 pm

Quoting Foz from 15:53, 23rd May 2005
hi all im starting at st andrews this year aswell and like you i cant wait. whats everyone new studying? im doing economics.

I'm doing Psychology and probably Biology - might see you around?? It's weird to say that but so exciting!!
streakeye

Next

Return to New Students! First Years!