Home

TheSinner.net

Join Rifle Club!!

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Join Rifle Club!!

Postby aladdinsane12 on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:48 pm

Hey all you freshers! If you're looking for an enjoyable, no-pressure activity to take up some of your time, why not join rifle club? No running, jumping, or really any movement at all! That's why I like it! :) The people are great and really easy to get along with, we have great social events that always involve alcohol, and it doesn't matter if you've ever had experience with a rifle before. It's great fun and very affordable to join! (you don't even have to register with the sports center first!) If you have any questions or if you're interested, let me know!

ks237@st-andrews.ac.uk
Kathryn Steed
Secretary
St. Andrews University Rifle Club
aladdinsane12

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:31 pm

Can i bring my 270?

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tubular100.jpg
[hr]Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
[s]http://www.owenrudge.net/various/freshers.htm[/s]
Duggeh

Re:

Postby Katie on Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:58 am

hey
i was thinking bout it, the only experience i have is a year in the ATC with whatever they use (.22 comes to mind but i can't even remember what that means haha) i loved it though and got the marksman badge thingie, is this the same kinda shooting?
Katie

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:58 am

Any sport where you're allowed a weapon AND alchohal at the same time could be great fun :)

Re:

Postby aladdinsane12 on Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:13 pm

Yes, we shoot .22 caliber rifles indoor and we have outdoor matches as well. We shoot targets, so no dead animals or anything :) We provide everything (jackets, slings, rifles, and gloves- the only thing you pay for is ammo). Take a look at our facebook group (St. Andrews University Rifle Club) and you can talk to the other members of the committee or just see who's in the club.
aladdinsane12

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:08 pm

Quoting aladdinsane12 from 18:13, 27th Aug 2005
Take a look at our facebook group (St. Andrews University Rifle Club) and you can talk to the other members of the committee or just see who's in the club.

can't use facebook yet [img]littleicons/cross.gif[/img] don't think so anyway....you need an ACTIVE st andrews email account, right?

Re:

Postby cletus, ah do believe on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:35 pm

Howdy thar Ms. Steed, cuss it all t' tarnation. I'd be mighty interested in joinin' yer rifle club, as'd mah brothers ran'y, co'y, cletus love II an' of course li'l bobba-sue. Tell me, does ah need t'brin' mah own moonshine o' does yo' brew yer own? It's jest thet ah need t'knows now so i kin hire a trailer t'brin' mah bathtub. Well bust mah britches an' call me streaker. See yo' soon ms Steed, cuss it all t' tarnation.
cletus, ah do believe

Re:

Postby aladdinsane12 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:17 pm

Quoting cletus, ah do believe from 21:35, 28th Aug 2005
Howdy thar Ms. Steed, cuss it all t' tarnation. I'd be mighty interested in joinin' yer rifle club, as'd mah brothers ran'y, co'y, cletus love II an' of course li'l bobba-sue. Tell me, does ah need t'brin' mah own moonshine o' does yo' brew yer own? It's jest thet ah need t'knows now so i kin hire a trailer t'brin' mah bathtub. Well bust mah britches an' call me streaker. See yo' soon ms Steed, cuss it all t' tarnation.

Jamie, I might have to kill you for the sake of mankind! :)
aladdinsane12

Return to New Students! First Years!