Home

TheSinner.net

art history or scottish history?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

art history or scottish history?

Postby new student L on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:24 pm

hi everyone!

I am a new student coming to read philosophy and have already picked maths as another subject. For my third module I am torn between Art History and Scottish history. Would love an opinion from anyone who has taken either....thanks xx
btw, have no experience of either and am English so have no clue whatsoever about the history of Scotland. :)
new student L

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:54 pm

I haven't met anyone who enjoys Art History: if you're a Hurray Henry, though, take it.

Scottish History: first semester is brilliant, especially due to Alex Woolf, who comes out with wonderful lines such as "The Black Death was a Godsend". Wonderful bloke. Second semester, however, isn't that brill.

[hr]

"Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." - Hebrews 11:1
"Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." - Hebrews 11:1
The Yettoner

Re:

Postby Seb on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:36 am

If you want to doss, take soc anthro or computer studies. If you want something rewarding learn a language (ie russian!) and if you want something usefull do economics or management.
Seb

Return to New Students! First Years!