Home

TheSinner.net

freshers ball 2005?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby Adrian on Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:42 am

here are the answers to a couple of questions that have been raised here...

1) i apologise for spelling extreme wrong - i was not in fact taking the mick but i typed the word in wrongly.

2) last year's event did sell out. i have the ticket database in front of me to verify that.

3) the event is not naff and half the people didn't leave early. those that did were generally in couples (i'll leave the reasons why up to you)

4) you can buy tickets online and many people already have. just click tickets and then 'click here to proceed' to take you to the secure area to buy.

5) you're welcome to wear a tux or anything that looks smart. we appreciate that not everyone has access to black tie dress, but you will be refused access if you turn up in jeans and trainers.

6) the KK club has given a large amount to charity over its history. last year just under £17,000 was given to local fife charities. we did not publicise this which was a shame and mainly due to a lack of self-promotion.

7) we are not a registered charity as these organisations are confined to donate to one charity (please read up on charity law for further info). we have looked into it but it limits us greatly in terms of our donations.

8) the budget for charity donations this year has not been set yet, but will be anounced in the near future. this is for end-of-year accounting reasons.

9) you can invite as many guests as you like, but remember that this ball is meant for freshers and students of st andrews to integrate with each other and kick off 4 years of some great times. its up to you to decide.

i hope that helps. if there are any more concerns please don't hesitate to contact me on adrian@katekennedyclub.org.uk

all the best

Adrian
Adrian

Re:

Postby Oli on Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Hi Adrian - thanks for your responses - it's good to see KK boys on The Sinner!

If you'd like to register an account, just click on the "Create an Account" link at the top right of each page. It's free and pretty quick to register!
Oli

Re:

Postby Joanna on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:33 am

thanks for the info. looks cool.
Joanna

Re:

Postby womble chris on Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:06 pm

Quoting Adrian from 00:41, 15th Sep 2005
half the people didn't leave early. those that did were generally in couples (i'll leave the reasons why up to you)

all those sodding siamese twins leaving early.
womble chris

Previous

Return to New Students! First Years!