Home

TheSinner.net

modules?!

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

modules?!

Postby rachel on Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:55 pm

uh oh just realised the module choices were supposed to be done by the 5th:s

ok,could anyone tell me how to get to the module choice form..ive been looking for ages,im doing theological studies and spanish-do i need a third subject?

sorry,this is probably simple stuff but im very confused about all this!thanks
rachel

Re:

Postby Caroline on Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:08 pm

hi there, i'm starting St Andrews this year too. In answer to your question, if there is only 1 module for each of those subjects for the first semester worth 20 points each then you will need another subject/module to make it up to 60.

The way to find the form is to go to the registration page of the st andrews website for new students:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/newstudents/registration/

From there go to number 6 and click on the link to registry. Here there will be a link to the course catalogue where you can find out how many modules each of your subject has in the first semester. Most will only have 1 worth 20 points. Just do a simple search for each subject at module level 1000. Once you have your codes for the three modules you want (probably in three different subjects), go back to the registry page and click on preadvising > my details > and then edit your module choices.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing, hope i helped!
Caroline

Re:

Postby Derya on Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:08 pm

hey rachel,
haha no worries, the way i understand it, they only recommend that you complete that form before the 5th. You can even do it during freshers week with your tutor (I thhink - someone correct me if I´m wrong!). Preadvising you can find here: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/registry/re ... sing.shtml
and your password and username is the one you chose for your computer account as well (you´ve done that?)
Then you have to look up the core modules for your subject. (In the course catalogue) Those are the ones you have to do. Enter them. But usually that doesn`t fill up the minimum amount of credits per year(120 I think) so you have to chose other modules as well. Generally these will be 1000 Modules, but not always. Be careful when you do that that all the modules don`t clash timewise, and also, sometimes they are only taught in one semester. It took me a lot of scrap paper to figure it out! ;) lol
I think that´s it, hope it helps!
Derya

Return to New Students! First Years!