Home

TheSinner.net

Pets at university

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Pets at university

Postby casey on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:26 am

What are the rules about having pets? I assume that first year students living in the halls cannot have them, but what about 2nd 3rd and 4th years, do most private flat landlors allow dogs?
casey

Re:

Postby lauraelizabeth on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:08 pm

Quoting casey from 00:22, 30th Apr 2006
What are the rules about having pets? I assume that first year students living in the halls cannot have them, but what about 2nd 3rd and 4th years, do most private flat landlors allow dogs?

cant have them in halls, would have to be incredibly lucky to find a flat where you can have a dog...
lauraelizabeth

Re:

Postby bramble on Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:23 pm

Dont think you have to be that lucky - my landlord accepts pets even though we dont have any. He comes from the stance that if your pet makes the damage, you pay for it. I think a lot of landlords may accept a pet if you talk to them about your responsibilities and agree on damage limitation.
Youre right about hall though, definately not even allowed a goldfish ;)

[hr]

Ich will die Ruhe stören...
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Colleen on Mon May 01, 2006 1:56 pm

Wouldn't advise having pets in halls. I happen to know that you can get away with them in Albany and Fife Park - I know someone who's had hamsters and just puts the cage in the wardrobe or under the bed!
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Return to New Students! First Years!