Home

TheSinner.net

When to arrive?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

When to arrive?

Postby Liz on Mon May 08, 2006 11:20 am

Hi! I'm starting at St. Andrews this September and was wondering if I should come on Saturday the 16th, or Sunday the 17th. I would really like to be there first thing on Saturday, but will I be the only one? If I came on Saturday, would it just be me and a bunch of JYAs, or will the other undergrads be there too? Thanks for the help!
Liz

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Mon May 08, 2006 11:23 am

Hi,

Most people arrive across a spread of both days (I came up on Saturday lunchtime, and there were already so many people there).

Personally, I'd come on Saturday, if only to get the first night settling in with all the other undergraduates who've arrived on the same day.

Good luck!
Malcolm

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon May 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Yeah - The earlier the better in my opinion. You can get yourself settled in and then make friends as other people are arriving.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Colleen on Mon May 08, 2006 1:13 pm

The earlier you turn up, the earlier you can have the kettle on/wine bottle opened. Best way of making new friends!
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon May 08, 2006 5:11 pm

Whichever is convenient for you is probably best. It's not like by missing the Saturday you'll be ostracised for the whole year thereafter.

As Colleen says, get the wine down yer! Alcohol is the best way to break down those niggling little social inhibitions!

[hr]

I didn't download it guvner. It fell off the back of the Internet!
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby October on Mon May 08, 2006 5:50 pm

I came on the sunday, an altho it was good,
I did feel as if I missed out on something, but it's only one day,

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby maenad on Mon May 08, 2006 7:22 pm

I think I arrived Saturday afternoon/evening and events had already started. My roommate was here before me and I wanted to get here as early as possible to meet her.
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Re:

Postby Idealist on Mon May 08, 2006 11:11 pm

Most people arrive on Saturday...get dibs on the best bed before your roommate or the biggest kitchen cupboard

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby mishy on Tue May 09, 2006 9:03 am

i'm arriving friday. for some reason, my flight was much cheaper if i left thursday night. so, i'm going to get some shopping done in Dundee on friday. then i can get the first bed on saturday :)
mishy

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:41 pm

I walked in on the opening time for David Russell Hall last year. Then again, that's not much of an advantage in a hall where everything is assigned to you. :P

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106593
Mehmsy

Return to New Students! First Years!