Home

TheSinner.net

Module Registration

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Module Registration

Postby lem on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:19 am

I've established my online account and I know I'm entering my username and password correctly and yet I still am unable to register for modules.

Anyone else in a similar boat or know what to do?

Thanks.
lem

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:52 pm

You're not able to actually access your account of email until freshers week as far as I'm aware.

[hr]

I didn't download it guvner. It fell off the back of the Internet!
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby orudge on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:12 am

You should be able to pre-advise your modules, though...

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby swerg on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:03 am

you should be able to preadvise, but not until early september I think, like a week before freshers or something
swerg

Re:

Postby MouthCorners on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:24 am

I am having the same problem. I can login to change my personal details, but nothing else. Maybe there is something wrong with the website, or perhaps our usernames won't work until we send in our student ID forms? Quite annoying! Speaking of choosing modules, anyone else quite confused? Are we required to take all entry level/1000 courses, or can I take an honours course in Spanish if I already speak the language?
MouthCorners

Re:

Postby Holly on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:24 am

I had the exact same problem. I'm so glad to know that it's not just me. Did it keep asking you for your password, even after you had put in correctly?

Anyway, completely by accident, I managed to get onto the part of the site that worked. The URL is https://portal.st-andrews.ac.uk/advising/student/[student number] (just your student number, though...don't use the square brackets, though you probably already figured that out). It will ask you for your username and password, but it should let you access the site this time (at least it did for me).

I hope that helped.
Holly

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 am

How did you find out your user name already?

Re:

Postby mishy on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 am

I am unable to register as well. I could use my password to edit my personal information, but not to register for modules.

I emailed IT support so hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.

Quoting lem from 17:29, 10th Jun 2006
I've established my online account and I know I'm entering my username and password correctly and yet I still am unable to register for modules.

Thanks.
mishy

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 am

No...I'm coming in september and I preadvised already...

did you get to the spot where you fill in the codes for each module?

Re:

Postby Daw on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 am

Quoting lem from 17:29, 10th Jun 2006

Thanks.

I can't register either... I'll try again later.
Daw
Daw

Return to New Students! First Years!