Home

TheSinner.net

residence requests

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

residence requests

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:55 am

I filled out my residence application long before i discovered this page and found out that requesting specific residences on the application helps you out. Is it too late to make such a request? If not, how would I do so?

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:51 pm

It depends on your reason. If you just want to specify cos you like the look of one of the halls, then don't bother, they all have their charms and if you really want to move into that hall once you get here, you can apply for it next year.

If you want to specify that you move into fife/albany park for financial reasons then it's always worth contacting the uni and telling them that you need cheap accomodation. They usually at least try to make sure everyone can afford the place they're put in. Just go onto their website and there's a link to a telephone directory at the bottom - accomodation services' number should be on there somewhere.

If, in the most unlikely circumstance, you want to move into DRA because you just love wasting your money, i'm sure they'll jump at the chance to have a first year who won't spend the year complaining about how poor they are ;-)

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to New Students! First Years!