Home

TheSinner.net

McIntosh- tell away

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby October on Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:39 pm

Quoting Bumble bee from 15:02, 21st Aug 2006
hey
what do you suggest is the best day to come, saturday 16 or sunday 17? And are our parents meant to go the sunday thing?

I went up on the Sunday last year, and altho it was all fine, I myself feel like I missed out. And so I'll be up first thing on Saturday.
About the Sunday thing, I don't think it'll be anything major if it was missed, but I guess it's up to the parents if they 'want' to go.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Sarah on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:10 am

Quoting pea from 18:36, 18th Aug 2006
Out of interest, how did you find out about it anyway? I remember a few people had been on it the summer before my first year and I can't remember how they found it.

I think I googled St Andrews and it came up, just after the proper uni one. The sinner guide helped me choose St Andrews instead of Edinburgh or Glasgow, I just kept on visiting it and ended up on the message boards. And I'm still here :)
Sarah

Hello fellow C-floorers

Postby Sarah on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:10 am

Hi Emma and Missa, I'm liking the exclusive C floor. It may be a small band, but I feel we rule nonetheless. See you both in September!
Sarah

Hey Kids!

Postby Pete Horam on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:10 am

You guy's are gonna love it, me and Henka will teach you all of our partying expertise, love Pete x
Pete Horam

Re:

Postby pea on Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Definitly come up as early as possibly on the Saturday, and don't worry too much about the parents thing on the Sunday. After all, it's you that's coming to uni, not them! :)

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby lts2 on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:08 pm

The Sunday thing is no big deal, best to get rid of the parentals as soon as possible and get drunk...

Rhona is right, get up here early on the Saturday if you can.
lts2

Re:

Postby mh52 on Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:48 am

Just wondering, I'm going into first year this year and I feel like I have a huge amount of stuff to take with me when i move in! What sort of things, apart from the obvious, will I need to take, and did most people take a lot of stuff with them and spend Saturday morning moving in?
mh52

Re:

Postby McFi on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:37 pm

Haya i'm coming up eatly as possible on the Sat!! I can't wait to get started!!

I'm in A8, any good??

Mcfi
McFi

Re:

Postby tyler on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:37 pm

do people lock their doors? or is it pretty safe to leave electronics in the room
tyler

Re:

Postby October on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:08 pm

Quoting tyler from 21:03, 26th Aug 2006
do people lock their doors? or is it pretty safe to leave electronics in the room

it's pretty much safe in hall, but I would still always lock the door, you can never be to carefull.

tho I bet this sounds strange comeing from me sinces my room door was never locked.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

A8

Postby merry on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:57 pm

A8 will have the best vibes! A friend of mine lived there last year, he and his roomie were pretty cool and there were always a few people up there watching lost! Its not the biggest room thought...
merry

Re:

Postby Starla on Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:58 am

Ahh...Macintosh. I got shown round here on my visiting day and loved it. I nearly cried when I arrived here and saw DRH!
"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby LadyLincoln on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:31 pm

I want to come back to Mcintosh :( Dont want to live in a flat and pay real bills anymore.

[hr]

I Say Who, I Say When, I SAY WHO!!!
I Say Who, I Say When, I SAY WHO!!!
LadyLincoln

C9!!!!

Postby Scottie101 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:18 pm

Hey any chance of my roomie on here?> il be in chattan room C9 (im the a part if anyone is lookin)Names katie... cant wait... 1 more week to go wahoo!
Scottie101

Re:

Postby emily on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:59 pm

what does anyone know about c29? it's a double, i guess. why doesn't st andrews give out info about your rooommate before you get there?

i'm coming from the US, which is crazy. i leave tomorrow and i'm all sorts of excited about getting there. :)
emily

Previous

Return to New Students! First Years!