Home

TheSinner.net

McIntosh- tell away

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby pea on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Hi Matt.
You don't set your email address up til you're actually here, during Freshers Week, so don't worry about trying to find it in amongst all the crap you've been sent.

I can't tell you anything about your room I'm afraid!

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

pea

Things to bring and other random thoughts.

Postby lts2 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 pm

Things to bring that you might not immediately think about:

A fancy dress costume of some desciption.
Winter clothes as you probably will find you don't head home for a weekend before it starts to get cold.
Things to put on your pinboard, its the easiest way to make your room start feeling like home.

--

I can't remember exactly what B8 is like, anyone else know?

--

All floors are a mix of years as Rhona said. It is nice because you will get to meet lots and lots of freshers but there will be many second years and honours students around. I'd advise that you at least befriend one as you will find that having someone to ask all those stupid questions about hall and university life is very very useful.

And if you can't find one, come to A28 :) I turned into something of a mother for 1/2 the hall last year. :)

Leila
lts2

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:39 pm

Quoting Matt from 22:09, 29th Jul 2006
Hi. First question - I'll be starting first year in sept, should i already have an email address with the uni and if so where would i find it? (in all the paperwork i have been sent...) I have been put in room B8A - anyone know what it's like? small/big etc. And im sure my room-sharer is out there somewhere...

Search no more! I was assigned B8B, so I suppose that would make us roommates.

- ADAM

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:39 pm

Hi. First question - I'll be starting first year in sept, should i already have an email address with the uni and if so where would i find it? (in all the paperwork i have been sent...) I have been put in room B8A - anyone know what it's like? small/big etc. And im sure my room-sharer is out there somewhere...

Do you have an e-mail?

Re:

Postby mattina on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:31 pm

Anyone know when the website will be up?
mattina

Re:

Postby pea on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:07 pm

The website is "under development" at the minute, but we're aiming to get it up and running as soon as we can.

Oh and I meant to mention in earlier posts - newbies, my facebook link is in my profile if you want to ask anymore questions.

Rhona - your hall secretary

[hr]

pea

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:00 pm

so how are the d floor rooms??? what is d floor like?

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Quoting Jaspar from 10:13, 7th Jul 2006
I like what I'm hearing! I'll be living in Chattan when I start in September, though I haven't heard what floor or anything like that. Free pool tables are always nice, as are shiny leather sofas!

What excites me most is the social atmosphere that people have written about. I can't wait, only 9 more weeks!

your room number should be on your tenancy agreement that the uni sent out to you.

Re:

Postby missa on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:28 pm

what is C14b like (i just found out today!) and is the person with C14a lurking around?
missa

Re:

Postby mh52 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:03 pm

Quoting from 14:07, 31st Jul 2006

Do you have an e-mail?

Hi! That was easy. I have msn - mh52@msn.com

Matt
mh52

Re:

Postby merry on Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:20 pm

D-floor is (as I found living last year) the most quiet of the floors. Theres less people, so you never have to wait for the bathroom and your pretty close to everything. BUT the social life is nonexistent and most people are on other floors so you have to branch out for friends.
merry

Re:

Postby lts2 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Quoting merry from 16:20, 15th Aug 2006
D-floor is (as I found living last year) the most quiet of the floors. Theres less people, so you never have to wait for the bathroom and your pretty close to everything. BUT the social life is nonexistent and most people are on other floors so you have to branch out for friends.

You never have to wait for the bathroom anywhere...
lts2

C floor, anyone???

Postby Sarah on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:15 pm

There seems to be hardly anyone on C (besides me and my still anonymous room mate, oh and someone a bit up the page there) is it the smallest floor?
Sarah

Re:

Postby pea on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:31 pm

No, E floor/D floor are the smallest floors with rougly 30 rooms each. The reason it seems the smallest is because not everyone will know about the Sinner and be able to post here. Don't worry yourself Sarah! :)

[hr]

pea

Re:

Postby Sarah on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:48 am

I'll try not to :) I'm still sending telepathic messages to all C-floor residents who haven't yet stumbled upon the sinner to ease my worry. They will find it.
Sarah

Re:

Postby pea on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:36 pm

Out of interest, how did you find out about it anyway? I remember a few people had been on it the summer before my first year and I can't remember how they found it.

[hr]

pea

I'm on the c floor!

Postby Emma on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:22 pm

Hey Sarah
I'm on the c floor too. I'm really excited about coming to St Andrews. I will hopefull see you soon.
emma
Emma

Re:

Postby missa on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:22 pm

Quoting Sarah from 23:12, 16th Aug 2006
There seems to be hardly anyone on C (besides me and my still anonymous room mate, oh and someone a bit up the page there) is it the smallest floor?

right now c floor is very exclusive...you, me and our room mates.
missa

Re:

Postby Caitlin on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:25 am

Representing A floor here... we're gonna be the BEST floor! i wonder if my roommate is out there somewhere...
Caitlin

Re:

Postby Bumble bee on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:55 pm

hey
what do you suggest is the best day to come, saturday 16 or sunday 17? And are our parents meant to go the sunday thing?
Bumble bee

PreviousNext

Return to New Students! First Years!