Home

TheSinner.net

St Salvadors

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

St Salvadors

Postby Gladys on Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:39 am

Would any member of the older generation like to give me the low down on what to expect from this hall ? I would be grateful for any information.
Gladys

Re:

Postby Don on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:02 pm

Quoting Gladys from 18:30, 8th Jul 2006
Would any member of the older generation like to give me the low down on what to expect from this hall ? I would be grateful for any information.

Well first of all it is "St Salvators", there is no 'd'. Nickname "Sallies", it is a very nice hall, near to the centre of town, and close access to the beaches. Oh yeah, and it has a dining room which looks like something out of the Harry Potter films.

[hr]

Daz, makes your whites #gggggg
Don

Re:

Postby kitty on Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:53 pm

I lived in sallies last year and will be living there this year as well. It's a beautiful hall, the food is I think pretty standard for hall food: not fantastic, but edible most of the time. People will steal your milk so don't leave it in the refrigerator, it's better to hang it out your window. The people in sallies are generally quite nice. It is quite cliquey, but there seems to be a clique for everyone and then you have a group of friends to hang out with whenever you want someone to cook dinner with on sat or sunday and things like that.
kitty

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:43 pm

prince william lived in this hall in his 1st year, in the room opposite c29.

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:48 pm

Quoting from 14:05, 11th Jul 2006

I am not sure how such a fascinating fact will help anyone build an impression of what Sallies is like.
Al

Re:

Postby hmmmhaveabanana on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:03 am

Quoting from 14:05, 11th Jul 2006

It was actually the room opposite C28 which is C31
hmmmhaveabanana

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:41 am

sallies is a wonderful hall. i lived there last year and adored it. it is centrally located- a very short walk to market street, the main shopping center of st. andrews, and only a block away from castle sands, which is a beach on the north sea that sits directly in front of the ruins of a medieval castle (!!!). furthermore, i like the rooms in sallies more than any other hall i've visited and the warden is lovely and funny if you get to know him. you're very lucky to be in sallies so get excited!

Re:

Postby RaisedEyebrow on Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:38 pm

[quote]Quoting from 23:51, 16th Jul 2006
the warden is lovely and funny if you get to know him.quote]

He is?
RaisedEyebrow

Return to New Students! First Years!