Home

TheSinner.net

St. Regs

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby Alexandra on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:36 pm

Hm what about SR C7B standard twin? I'm guessing thats a shared room, but unsure. Thanks!
Alexandra

Re:

Postby noooo! on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:36 pm

I'm actually horrified to hear that I'll be living on an all-girls floor (C). I'm sure they're all very nice, but too many females all together drive me up the wall. So, you B-and-D-floorers, be prepared for a frequent visitor!
noooo!

Re:

Postby sarahspring on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:38 pm

C7 is a shared room. It has a nice view of the church and is on the end of C-floor where the majority of First years will be.
sarahspring

Re:

Postby valerie moore on Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:50 pm

It's nothing to worry about. There's no lack of mixing between males and females.

Quoting noooo! from 04:57, 30th Jul 2006
I'm actually horrified to hear that I'll be living on an all-girls floor (C). I'm sure they're all very nice, but too many females all together drive me up the wall. So, you B-and-D-floorers, be prepared for a frequent visitor!
valerie moore

Re:

Postby Kazilin on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:29 pm

Quoting valerie moore from 06:32, 1st Aug 2006
It's nothing to worry about. There's no lack of mixing between males and females.

Quoting noooo! from 04:57, 30th Jul 2006

Glad to hear it's not to worry about...I'm on C floor as well, and I'd go crazy if there wasn't a good mixing...I do believe I'll second that suggestion of being prepared for a frequent visitor!

Oh, and a vague attempt at finding my roommate if she happens to look in here, I'm in C1 (the suspense is killing me!)
Kazilin

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:28 pm

[quote]Quoting Tegan from 13:57, 26th Jul 2006
um, so i was just wondering if i was in the annexe. My room code is SR/NX25B.[/quote

You're in the annexe. On the top floor. I used to be in NX26, I think 25 is the one next door. It's a big square shared room. The annexe is great and so is Regs and the best thing about it is that it's right in the centre of town.

Re:

Postby reginatarae on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:05 am

I'm in the Annexe... it looks like room 23A... does anyone have any info?
Thanks!
reginatarae

Re:

Postby reginatarae on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:06 am

hey there... my room assignment is sr/nx23a - anyone have any info about it?
thanks!
reginatarae

Re:

Postby Nina on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:06 am

Sarah's right about the annexe kitchen, it's huge! i was in the annexe last year, and had a really great time. the annexe is a great place to be, so congrats all of you who are in there for this year :)
Nina

Re:

Postby mikefinlay on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:31 pm

You are in a double room on the first floor of the annexe on the right hand side of the building.(This makes a difference because the annexe is made of two semi detached houses with the ground floor knocked through. Therefore to go to the left side first floor you have to go down then up again). It's medium sized for a double room and it looks out onto the annexe back garden. It is one of the very few mixed floors in the halls but as has been stated already it really makes no difference at all to your social life wether or not you're on a mixed floor.

Quoting reginatarae from 03:16, 12th Aug 2006
thanks!
mikefinlay

Re:

Postby mikefinlay on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:31 pm

You are in a double room on the first floor of the annexe on the right hand side of the building.(This makes a difference because the annexe is made of two semi detached houses with the ground floor knocked through. Therefore to go to the left side first floor you have to go down then up again). It's medium sized for a double room and it looks out onto the annexe back garden. It is one of the very few mixed floors in the halls but as has been stated already it really makes no difference at all to your social life wether or not you're on a mixed floor or not.

thanks!
mikefinlay

Re:

Postby reginatarae on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:47 pm

thanks!

sorry i posted twice! wasn't sure how it worked...
reginatarae

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:42 pm

i know everyone is asking now... but any info on room C13? just found out im in st regs for first year.. to be honest i wanted sallies but now im warming to the idea of regs!

Re:

Postby mikefinlay on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:33 pm

Just thought I'd point out that the regs website has just undergone an update, including the new comitee and this years freshers timetable(not that different,why change what wasn't broken). www.st-regs.co.uk
mikefinlay

Re:

Postby Nina on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:22 pm

Also the forum on the regs website is running again!
Nina

Re:

Postby Tegan on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:36 pm

If my room mate is out there (NX25), it would be great to hear from you! I am coming from the States for my first yr, so i don't know anyone. And for the record, i don't like Bush (and that is saying it sweetly). But really it would be great to hear from you.
Tegan

Re:

Postby reginatarae on Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting Tegan from 19:17, 31st Aug 2006
If my room mate is out there (NX25), it would be great to hear from you! I am coming from the States for my first yr, so i don't know anyone. And for the record, i don't like Bush (and that is saying it sweetly). But really it would be great to hear from you.

I'm not your roommate, but it looks like you're next door to me? Do you have an email address or facebook or anything?
Or you can email me at teckenrode@gmail.com...
reginatarae

Regs!

Postby Sunil on Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:10 pm

Damn. I missed this topic. I keep an eye on the "Regs" forum here on the Sinner, but forgot to check here. Anyhow...

I would like to extend a welcome to all our new students. I'm Sunil, your hall computer rep, and as one of the committee members (see the website http://www.st-regs.co.uk/ for more info) I'll be trying to help run the hall's social events along with the rest of the committee during the forthcoming year.

I relaunched the Regs forums a couple of weeks ago - http://www.st-regs.co.uk/forum/ - and it's beginning to come to life again, which is always a good thing. It'd be great to hear from those of you who haven't yet signed up there! There are also a number of returning students already on the Regs forum, so you'd probably meet more people there too.

One thing which is puzzling us is that we've had no UK freshers signing up yet, despite the fact that the website address was in the fresher's pack - or should've been! Does anyone have any ideas about this? If anyone here is a UK fresher, epecially, please come and sign up!

Anyhow I'll keep an eye on this thread. Most of the questions about rooms (and much more) are answered on the Regs website, or forum, so it'd be great to see you there.

Sunil
Sunil

Re:

Postby Tegan on Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:36 pm

Quoting reginatarae from 03:41, 2nd Sep 2006
Quoting Tegan from 19:17, 31st Aug 2006

I'm not your roommate, but it looks like you're next door to me? Do you have an email address or facebook or anything?
Or you can email me at teckenrode@gmail.com...

I am a first yr so don't have a facebook yet, but i will e-mail you.
Tegan

Re:

Postby Fiona on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:59 pm

Hey There! I'm in room number SR/C3a, i'd like to here from anybody near me! You could email me at feebz_2811@fsmail.net
Fiona

PreviousNext

Return to New Students! First Years!