Home

TheSinner.net

A few questions about St andrews

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

A few questions about St andrews

Postby V on Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi, I have a offer from st andrews for business mangement and plan to accept it as my firm offer. First of all I wanted to ask how is the student life at St Andrews, I know this question is to generilized but how would life be for a International student any info will be appreciated.

Also I played rugby for my high school for two years, and I am really intrested in playing rugby in St Andrews, though I wont be good enough to make in the first or second team are there are oppurnities for those intermediate guys, any university clubs, any local clubs.

Thank you
V

Re:

Postby kats on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:58 pm

Heya,

I feel pretty bad that no one has answered you! We normally are a lot better at communication! Student life is really great at St Andrews. I was an international student myself (english not being my first language) and I had no problems integrating. There are lots of clubs, activities, parties etc. As for rugby, my ex played often and he was not in the "team", but there are groups that do play quite frequently.

Hope this helps![img]littleicons/yellowhappyface.gif[/img]
kats

Re:

Postby GuyIncognito on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 pm

The uni also has a rugby 3rd team, so if you've played before you might get a chance to play with them.
And student life here is excellent, you'll love it.
GuyIncognito

Re:

Postby The Bitter Historian on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:39 pm

I've lived with, over the space of two years, three international students, all from completely different backgrounds and nations. All of them seem to be enjoying themselves and student life here - it's an unusually international mix here, and it really adds to the student atmosphere.

Don't forget to try the natonal cusine of Irn Bru and deep-fried Mars Bars, though.

[hr]

http://bitterhistorian.blogspot.com

Life. St Andrews. Budgeting. Some history. Mostly bitterness.
http://bitterhistorian.blogspot.com

Life. St Andrews. Budgeting. Some history. Mostly bitterness.
The Bitter Historian

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:37 am

Quoting V from 20:36, 13th Feb 2007
Hi, I have a offer from st andrews for business mangement and plan to accept it as my firm offer. First of all I wanted to ask how is the student life at St Andrews, I know this question is to generilized but how would life be for a International student any info will be appreciated.

Also I played rugby for my high school for two years, and I am really intrested in playing rugby in St Andrews, though I wont be good enough to make in the first or second team are there are oppurnities for those intermediate guys, any university clubs, any local clubs.

Thank you

Student life here is great. Despite being a small coastal town there is ALWAYS something going on, the only problem being finding time to do it all and hand work in on time. There are a lot of international students here and everyone I know from outside the UK seems to love it. Rugby-wise, I know nothing so I'm afraid I can't help there but I'm sure there are plenty of teams around to be joined.

Re:

Postby Shredi-Knight on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:05 pm

In terms of rugby, the rugby club is huge, it has lads of members, the only problem being the £50 subscription fee. The 3's are a pretty good team and in my opinion there should be a 4th team as well considering the amount of players in the club.../..
Shredi-Knight

Return to New Students! First Years!