Home

TheSinner.net

I'm New - I'm So Excited - Thread

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

I'm New - I'm So Excited - Thread

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:41 am

Where is the annual - "I'm new - I'm so Excited - tell me EVERYTHING" thread?

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby theshadowhost on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:47 pm

I'm going to be a new postgrad, should i be excited?
Quoting munchingfoo from 12:41, 6th Aug 2007

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!

[hr]

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:02 pm

If you were an undergraduate here you'll probably be more depressed than anything else right at the start. Being a postgrad is quite different, particularly if most of your friends graduated and left last term.

Hold on though, after a few months of wondering what happened to the past you'll be too focused on trying not to feel like a retard in a room full of geniuses. Further, after a year you'll be wondering why the new postgrad looks so imtimidated.

Good Luck

[hr]

I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Quoting munchingfoo from 12:41, 6th Aug 2007

[hr]

So, go on, excite me.

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:48 pm

Quoting munchingfoo from 18:02, 6th Aug 2007
Hold on though, after a few months of wondering what happened to the past you'll be too focused on trying not to feel like a retard in a room full of geniuses. Further, after a year you'll be wondering why the new postgrad looks so imtimidated.

Eh?
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 am

Excite me, I insist.

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:00 pm

Hmm, no excitement. As I suspected, foo munchers are all mouth!

Re:

Postby mhuzzell on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:55 am

Well, sometimes cows escape. That's pretty exciting.

[hr]

I FOUND JESUS... he was behind the couch the whole time!
I FOUND JESUS... he was behind the couch the whole time!
mhuzzell

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:58 pm

Escaping cows? That level of excitement justifies the 450 mile move! I'm just worried about the excitement peaking too early! Is there anything else to look forward to?

Re:

Postby Jos Dad on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Quoting mhuzzell from 02:55, 10th Aug 2007
Well, sometimes cows escape. That's pretty exciting.

No, that is, for the cow, exiting.
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:11 am

Celebrities on the golf courses and in the pubs, Yahs, Neds, 5 parties to hit on an average Friday night, the breathtaking architecture of the library, Freshers' flu, the glorious Union, Tesco, obscure and dangerous traditions, gale-force winds, white sandy beaches, more pubs than Divinity students, Post Office closures, sun, snow, Sallie's, St Mary's, other jolly things that start with 's', the stunningly handsome Convenor of the Charities Campaign, Bops, claiming to have seen the aurora borealis, Freshers' Week, Raisin Weekend, pub golf, Americans, pedantry, University challenge, Rag Week, Rectors, Hacks, Hamish the cat, Bill the porter, The Sinner, Oli Walker, Luvians, Janetta's, and if all else fails Leuchars train station.

Enough to be getting on with?

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:03 pm

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:10 pm

Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:22 pm

ffs let it die
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Return to New Students! First Years!