Home

TheSinner.net

Help!

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Help!

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi I'm trying to pick my modules and I have no idea how this all works. I applied for art history and realise I have to do other subjects, so do I just pick modules from other subjects that appeal?

Can I make up for most of my module credits with art history or do I have the same number for each subject?? Also how many subjects do most people study?

Re:

Postby smellysocks on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:44 am

Quoting from 23:51, 18th Sep 2007
Hi I'm trying to pick my modules and I have no idea how this all works. I applied for art history and realise I have to do other subjects, so do I just pick modules from other subjects that appeal?

Can I make up for most of my module credits with art history or do I have the same number for each subject?? Also how many subjects do most people study?

okay so for the whole year you need 120 credits (usually 60/semester). art history will most likely have 1 module in each semester for 1st year worth 20 credits each. this means that you need a further 80 credits from other modules. so 2 additional modules per semester. and yes you can just pick the modules that take your fancy..remember they need to be 1000 level modules though!
hope that helps
smellysocks

Re:

Postby JohnMac on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:28 pm

If you are looking for easy credits - then it has to be film studies!!
JohnMac

Return to New Students! First Years!