Home

TheSinner.net

Drums

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Drums

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:08 pm

Hi does anyone know someone in St Andrews who would be willing to teach me how to play the drums? Thanks!

Re:

Postby Sean on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Quoting from 00:51, 22nd Oct 2007
Hi does anyone know someone in St Andrews who would be willing to teach me how to play the drums? Thanks!

I'd be willing to teach you. Do you have access to a drum kit?
Sean

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:10 pm

I don't have a drum kit but apparently the music centre will let you borrow theirs...

Re:

Postby kate on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:10 pm

Um, radical suggestion, try the music centre. They provide music lessons in a huge number of instruments, including kit, and you can practise on one of their kits, just need sticks.
kate

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:40 am

Actually I've tried that and their drum teacher has moved away from the area so they no longer have a teacher...so your 'radical' suggestion wasn't so great.

Re:

Postby Mattia on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:04 am

drumming at st andrews is very difficult, as even the music center isn't adequately insulated, so the only time you can practice is when absolutely NOBODY else in the building is rehearsing (i.e Sundays at 8 am, if then). I will be converting my attic into a small live music venue/ hang out room and will be getting a kit up there, so you're welcome to come use it once everything's done. I've been classically trained in jazz and funk since I was nine, won awards at the new orleans jazz festival and have played in fairly decent bands ranging from blues to electronica to punk. 1 lesson for you = 1 six pack of beer for me..
Mattia

Re: Drums

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Hows the attic conversion going?
Did you say your offering drum lessons? I'd be quite interested if you are!

Re: Drums

Postby AliceChalliner on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:19 pm

For anyone needing a space to practice the drums - Musfund is now arranging rehearsal space within the union, kit provided.
email me at musfund@st-andrews.ac.uk to book a slot (fyi, it's alot easier if you pick a slot you'd like to have every week at the same time/day).

It's free of charge, unless you cancel your slot or don't turn up with less than 48hours notice. In which case there is a £10 cancellation fee (largely because it bugs me when people do that....).

Get in touch.

xAlice Challiner
SSC Music Officer & Appreciated member of the THE Alice Challiner Appreciation Society.....
AliceChalliner

Return to New Students! First Years!