Home

TheSinner.net

Life Choice

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Life Choice

Postby lbgt69 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:04 am

Hello,
I am going to be a fresher in sept and I am bit anxious about my upcoming arrival... more so than your average new student. I was wondering what the 'gay transvestite' scene was if any? I chose st andrews as i felt a smaller tight knit community would be more accepting of my appearance than the prejudice of the usual small town syndrome. I hope to meet individuals of a similar view??? hello, is there anybody out there?

p.s. where is cheapest haircut for girls in st andrews, mind you I may be interested in something a tad fancy?

cheers, George x
lbgt69

Re:

Postby eagle on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:06 am

You'll be fine.

Try the Barber's Pole for short hair, or Sophie Butler for longer hair.
eagle

Re:

Postby Al on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:46 am

The LGBTsoc have a page on The Sinner. They will be able to provide greater insight, but, as eagle says, I doubt that you'll have any problems in St Andrews.
Al

Re: Life Choice

Postby novium on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:25 am

There is no such thing as a cheap girl's haircut in town, I'm sorry to say.

As to everything else... well, I'm sure it will be allright. There are assholes everywhere, of course, and St andrews is perhaps not quite as laid back as my alma mater, but I think everything will be OK.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re: Life Choice

Postby ouchmytoe on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:35 pm

lgbt is a great place to start with - lovely crowd and some highly original events. rocksoc and altsoc also cater to the weirder crowd. it's a small town but we manage a lot of weirdness...
ouchmytoe

Return to New Students! First Years!