Home

TheSinner.net

Tutorials

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Tutorials

Postby green_sock on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:07 pm

How do we know which tutorials we are to attend for our modules? Do we need to wait until after the first lecture and find out then or should we know already?
green_sock

Re: Tutorials

Postby Thalia on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:29 pm

They'll tell you about what you need to do at the lecture most likely, you shouldn't need to know beforehand. Usually in my classes there was a sign up sheet for the different times and you put your name down to the one that suit best.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Postby ct3012 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:50 pm

In the first lecture you go to for each module you go to (at least with Arts subjects), you have to sign a sheet saying when you're available for tutorials and they assign you groups from there. If you get any clashes after you find out the times go to the subjects and explain and they'll reallocate you according to when you're available.
But then again, I could just be saying that to annoy people...
ct3012

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:57 am

In computer science it's electronic, obviously. You sign up during enrolment which for most modules is on Monday or Tuesday. Most tutorials start week 2.

Be warned that some labs start week 1. If you are in doubt as to which one to attend, go to any one you can make. Same applies for tutorials week 2, if in doubt.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Return to New Students! First Years!