Home

TheSinner.net

NEW HALL

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

NEW HALL

Postby Hannah on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:12 pm

Hi,

I'm coming down for freshers' week soon, how long can parents stay with you? Do they just drop you off and go? Is it possible for parents to stay in the hall guest rooms and how much do they cost per night? Also, do fees need to be paid before arrival?

Thanks for your help!

P.s. I applied for New Hall, but the price i'm supposed to pay for accomodation is about £500 more than the quoted figure I was sent. Surely this can't be just for insurance?!
Hannah

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:29 pm

There is no space for family to stay in halls. I would recomend getting rid of the parents asap. You will find it much easier to meet people and settle in without them.
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby Legion on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:15 pm

Yep, definitely.

Thank your parents for bringing you up, and for bringing you to St Andrews. Wish them a safe and pleasant journey home then send them packing.

You'll probably enjoy yourself a lot more once they're gone.
Legion

Re:

Postby Midget on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:24 pm

They'll be replaced by Academic Parents, these are much better as they get you drunk.
Midget

Mailing Address

Postby Erin on Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:44 pm

Hi!
I'm trying to send some packages ahead so that they may arrive the same day I do at St Andrews. When I started looking for my mailing address on my accommodation form, unlike my other friends who have definite descriptions of their floor and such, I have something like this: NH/NUMBER/New Hall North Haugh St Andrews Fife...Is this my room number and if I put this on an mailing label, will it get to the right place? Do I need to head it with my name? Lol, please help! :)
Erin

Re:

Postby Buffy on Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:13 pm

I would strongly recommend putting your name on the mailing label. Definitely up's your chances of actually receiving your package.
Buffy

Re:

Postby Midget on Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:38 pm

Your name and hall is the main thing, as afterall the postman won't be delivering to your room just your pigeon hole.

Name + Hall.

This may sound mean, but isn't sort of obvious that a person's name should be put on a parcel/letter etc.
Midget

Return to New Students! First Years!