Home

TheSinner.net

Is chunky hunky?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Is chunky hunky?

Postby richey on Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:48 pm

I was discussing eith my friend the other day whether we would go out with a guy with more 'cuddle' than normal. I would say that I wouldn't mind a cuddly guy, as long as he wasn't of Rik Waller proportions. She said that she prefers muscle to cuddle. I was just wondering what the other women on the board think!
richey

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:32 pm

British guys have muscles? Where?

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:38 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 17:04, 9th Mar 2003:

On our backs, to keep our beer guts from making us fall forwards all the time.
[hr][s]I've seen this happen in other people's lives
and now it's happening in mine[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby ambigous on Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:17 pm

On our backs, to keep our beer guts from making us fall forwards all the time.

Surely the beer gut counts as a muscle? I have invested many hard hours into it..
ambigous

Re:

Postby RaphX on Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:26 pm

That's quite a muscle you've built up in this past half-year.

[hr]Let it be a joke
Let it be a smile
Let it be a farce if it makes me laugh for a little while
Let it be a tear
Let it be a sigh
Coming from a heart, speaking to a heart, let it be a cry
RaphX

Re:

Postby Dj Balloon on Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:36 pm

Try the gym. Lots of hardcore people there, myself included...

[hr]Arse arsonist's forfeit refreshment
Arse arsonist's forfeit refreshment
Dj Balloon

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:43 pm

Our big muscles are in our pants. ps. those american guys aren't muscly - that's the 15 big macs they had for brekkie.

[hr]'When I finally got down off the radiator and went out to the hat-check room, I was crying and all. I don't know why, but I was. I guess it was because I was feeling so damn depressed and lonesome.'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby ambigous on Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:32 pm

[s]RaphX wrote on 18:26, 9th Mar 2003:
That's quite a muscle you've built up in this past half-year.

tell me about it. Good, isn't it?

[hr]
Ever felt that you don't fit?
Its probably because you don't..
ambigous

Re:

Postby Cola Cube on Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:47 pm

Personally I've never found muscly men attractive (or men in uniform, but thats beside the point).
Cola Cube

Re:

Postby Ashley on Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:49 pm

I hope chunky's hunky. At the present rate, I shall be rather chunky by the time I graduate. Anyone else experience weight gain at uni? (It's the beer and pizza connection that screws me over.)

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby Wong on Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:07 pm

I've stayed about the same - fluctuating between a virtually insignificant 9.5 and 10 stone.

[hr]Who am I now? I'm not a man, I'm not machine
I gave my life away - for the Iron Savior dream
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby Cola Cube on Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:10 pm

Is chunky hunky? Why wouldn't it be? Cuddly/snuggly is great, though to be that you don't have to be chunky.

Better than being overly muscly anyway.
Cola Cube

Re:

Postby Anon. on Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:13 pm

[s]Wong wrote on 22:07, 9th Mar 2003:
I've stayed about the same - fluctuating between a virtually insignificant 9.5 and 10 stone.

I hover around the 9 stone mark. Grossly underweight for 5'11".
Anon.

Boney Butts Need Not Apply

Postby KMart Cowgirl on Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:54 pm

EAT! I'd much rather have a cuddly guy than one that's boney, whether it's from the gym or a couple extra beers.
"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!
KMart Cowgirl

Re:

Postby Curiosity Killed the Cat on Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:20 am

Having been out with a guy who had an amazing body with 6 pack and all, I would say that I prefer guys who are more cuddly than muscly.
However, that could be that said ex spent so much time admiring his hard body while at the gym that his ego was so big I was suprised he could actually get out the door of the gym!!!
My current is nicely cuddly, and much nicer to cuddle up with - possibly because he's not always tring to check out his muscles!
Curiosity Killed the Cat

Re:

Postby Cola Cube on Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:22 am

But skinny in no way means not cuddly.
Cola Cube

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:28 am

I would say that I've definately gained weight at uni. Since I've stopped growing (vertically at least) I hovered around 11 stone (pretty good for 5'11) but in the last year I've put 3-4 inches on my waist and gone up to 12.5 - 13 stone. I don't know exactly what to blame but increased beer intake, cooking for myself and a Computer Science degree (ie all day everyday sitting) can't have helped. I'm desperately trying to find the willpower to diet and/or excercise, I hate having a gut and love handles.
[hr][s]I've seen this happen in other people's lives
and now it's happening in mine[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:34 am

[s]KMart Cowgirl wrote on 23:54, 9th Mar 2003:
EAT! I'd much rather have a cuddly guy than one that's boney, whether it's from the gym or a couple extra beers.

Your opinions mean less than nothing to me, dear girl.

I like being skinny, and intend to stay that way.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Emma on Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:40 am

Having been to the gym and seen some of the men there preen, I'm glad I have a cuddly boyfriend. It's a bit ironic though, because I hate my own pot belly and enormous thighs with a passion - hence the gym. And uni does make it worse, especially at essay and exam and now dissertation stress periods, where chocolate becomes a major food group. DRH food hasn't helped, either.

Come to think of it, I went out with a gym regular once. Can't imagine why, he strikes me as a total prick now.
Emma

Re:

Postby Emma on Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:41 am

Having been to the gym and seen some of the men there preen, I'm glad I have a cuddly boyfriend. It's a bit ironic though, because I hate my own pot belly and enormous thighs with a passion - hence the gym. And uni does make it worse, especially at essay and exam and now dissertation stress periods, where chocolate becomes a major food group. DRH food hasn't helped, either.

Come to think of it, I went out with a gym regular once. Can't imagine why, he strikes me as a total prick now.
Emma

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board