Home

TheSinner.net

Magic players...

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Magic players...

Postby JamieMalk on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

JamieMalk

Re:

Postby Dave on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

What are you trying to say?
Dave

Re:

Postby athaclena on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

You two live in the same house! Why not just talk to one another? It's cheaper and quicker.
athaclena

Re:

It doesn't cost me anything to use this board. And I'd have forgotten if I hadn't replied then.
Dave

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Plus it's far more fun to have your arguments in public.
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Funny, and true...

Postby underworlddreams on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

And, while we're on the subject, how many MTG players will be around next year? I've only just started playing again, and might bring what few cards I have accumulated with me to play...
underworlddreams

Re:

It depends on who you are whether I have Magic cards or not.

You post to the RockSoc board, suggesting you think you like "Rock" music, which is a mark against you in my book.

Your username is a long out-of-print Magic card of twinkery, which is also not a good thing, 'cos I haven't the first clue who you are - and you may have twink cards.

Dave, who may have Magic cards, may like "Rock" music depending on the definition, and is actually called Dave.
Dave

Re:

Define 'twink', that I may understand and respond more eloquently...

Oh, and the underworlddreams as a nickname - started a long, long time ago... so don't hold it against me...
underworlddreams

Re:

For "twink" in magic, see someone who uses perceived-to-be-broken cards (like underworld dreams). A twink in any game is essentially someone who (ab)uses the rules to their advantage at the expense of "realism", or enjoyment for others.
Dave

Re:

Postby Fluffy666 on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I shall deign to actually post. I will answer Underworlddreams directly. Yes it will be worth you bringing your magic cards to St Andrews. If Dave seems overly zealous then ignore him. He is much fluffier in the flesh. Come on Dave be nice to the first year. (Hmmm I alwyas used to say that when I was reffing vanities. :-))

Oh to avoid any confusion. Although my username is almost certainly a giveaway I will end with my name.

Graham. (Of the alledgedly fluffy variety.)
Fluffy666

Re:

Well, I thank you both for being 'nice to the first year...' Since I now understand 'twink' I can say, with honesty, that I am no twink... A rules lawyer, possibly, but I haven't played enough Magic in recent years to actually put anything into practice.

Well, I promise not to 'twink' or 'rules-lawyer' or 'power-game' or any of the other heinous crimes a gamer can be guilty of, so long as my taste in music, internet nickname (chosen so I was almost guaranteed not to have to put numbers in it) and anonymity is not held against me before you even know who I am.

Fenn
underworlddreams

Re:

As long as you're not one of those people who gets anal about tapping cards at 90 degrees, then I'm sure you'll be accepted in to St Andrews Magic community... all 4-5 of us.

Oh I remember the halcyon days when people used to play Magic at RockSoc...

Actually, that may be why I find it so dull now - no Magic!

And Graham, I know that I said I was going to be nice next year, but that's next year. I still have a thesis to write, and until that's finished, the world should know my pain (ooh, I could be a Goth with that pile of angst/crap).
Dave

Re:

Postby athaclena on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Now there's a pleasant mental image. Thanks, you made my day. ;)
athaclena

Re:

Postby Loki on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I must point out that Magic cards come in only two types: useless and twinky.
The end result of who knows how many editions and supplements.
Probably why so few play it any more.
Loki

Speaking of twinks...

Postby JamieMalk on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

JamieMalk

Re:

Hmm. Once again I completely fail to see what you're getting at. But no matter, for soon I shall be off to Dundee to buy more Vampire books, oh yes.
Dave

What a let Down

Postby Liz McKinnell on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

When I saw the tread 'magic players', I assumed it meant 'magic', as used to refer to something really good, and 'players', as used to refer to swingers, loose women, male tarts etc.
I'D FORGOTTEN THAT FUCKING ROLEPLAYING EXISTED!
grr!
Liz McKinnell

Re:

Someone remind me again why there are women.
Dave

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Breasts
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

You would say that. I, on the other hand, am not a slave to the female form, and thus can be objective about it. I ask again, why are there women?
Dave

Next

Return to Rocksoc