Home

TheSinner.net

Take your mass-debates somewhere else

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Take your mass-debates somewhere else

Postby 5handicapgolfer on Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:12 pm

I was shocked and horrified last night to come home to find a 10 person mass-debate taking place and the mess being left everywhere. Of course I was not amused.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP??
5handicapgolfer

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:29 pm

When you stop posting pathetic and irrelevant threads like this one perhaps?
exnihilo

Irrelevance?

Postby Im_No1_so_why_try_harder? on Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:03 pm

I dont think its that irrelevant. If you saw the mess that this mass-debate left (which still hasn't been cleaned up!) you too would be posting so called 'irrelevant' threads!!!

And as for thee mass debaters, rude? you would not believe that people who consider themselves sophisticated and civilised could be so rude inconsiderate!!!

This house believe that the debating society should be given lesson in public descency!!!!
Im_No1_so_why_try_harder?

Re:

Postby Laura on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:07 pm

I distinctly remember us all carrying every bit of mess up to Mr. Blair's room- and wiping the table down. You would have been welcome to join our discussion, but you decided not to. Despite you saying we are uncivilized, we did take our gathering somewhere else.
Mr. Potton is still waiting for you to take your attitude problem somewhere else, and for your third room mate to take his all night sex- fests somewhere else. Get a life and find something to do other than post things about us.
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:19 pm

Erm- could personal arguments and issues against roomates and other members of the hall please be kept off The Sinner? This means you, 5pargolfer.
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Sigh.

Postby rache1 on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:21 pm

First of all, it sounds as if this really is an argument between two roommates. If he really left a mess, surely you could ask him to clean up rather then posting the fight on the Sinner. Secondly, rather then attacking everyone and everything involved in Debates, you could realize that the whole of Debates did not make this mess that you are talking about. I most certainly was not in attendance of a 'mass debate' yesterday, and frankly, I am sick of you lumping all of the Debating Society together!

All yesterday I fielded questions by you, 5handicapgolfer, only to be called lazy and an idiot. Frankly, I am disgusted to find that today on the main message board a call for Debaters to learn 'public decency.' How is attacking a whole group of people because you dislike a few of them fair? I have done nothing to you, rather, I tried to address your queries yesterday. If you would please, keep your pathetic squabbles to yourself. And if you still feel the need to bash the Debating Society, kindly do so on our message board. That way, we can properly defend ourselves, and others do not need to deal with your immature and ridiculous posts.
rache1

Re:

Postby rache1 on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:22 pm

Looks like LSQ beat me to it. But glad to see I am not the only one sick of these silly fights.
rache1

RIGHT THEN LAURA

Postby 5handicapgolfer on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:29 pm

lets run through your post shall we..

first off..

"I distinctly remember us all carrying every bit of mess up to Mr. Blair's room- and wiping the table down"

This is infact a lie jamie "cleared" SOME of it up this morning.

"You would have been welcome to join our discussion, but you decided not to."

Fair comment, but then you have to look at your discussion topics..

"Despite you saying we are uncivilized, we did take our gathering somewhere else."

Well it could have started somewhere else seeing as there are 3 people staying in this room dont you think, seeing as the like of peter blair have a room to themselves..

"Mr. Potton is still waiting for you to take your attitude problem somewhere else,"

some people try and get on with people who the unfortunatly have to spend a year sharing a room with, and dispite my close friends dismissing him straight away, i chose to give the guy a chance. Just goes to show how things can blow up in your face..

"and for your third room mate to take his all night sex- fests somewhere else."

I WILL NOT HEAR A BAD WORD SAID ABOUT ED, HE IS ABOVE THE AGE OF CONSENT AND CAN DO AS HE FEELS, HE IS A NICE GUY UNLIKE THE SAID ROOMMATE IN QUESTION.

"Get a life and find something to do other than post things about us."

As far as im aware this is a public forum and people can post what they want on here about the subjects they wish.

Thank you for takin time out to read this, as jamie likes living in a tip maybe the people who caused the mess can come and clear it up.
5handicapgolfer

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:32 pm

Somebody call 5pargolfer a waaaaahmbulance!
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:42 pm

The word "pathetic" comes to mind.

The whole world really does not know or care about your flat-mate disputes.

Quit your bitching, get a grip and deal with it. If Mr Potton needs a good slap in the face to make him neater, that's your problem - in my experience he's always been a pleasant guy, but I don't have to live with him and neither do the rest of the students at this University. If Jamie can endure Ed's sexual antics, then I'm sure you can endure a couple of glasses left out overnight (shock, horror!)

Just because 3 people who happen to have debating as a common interest have a party doesn't mean it's a debates party. It's nothing to do with the debating society, it's between them and you.

Now, BACK IN YOUR BOX!
John Stewart

Re:

Postby 5handicapgolfer on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:47 pm

thank you john but there were at least 10 people, music and alcohol.

that classfies as a party which i always thought you had to seek permission before it could take place.
Having spoken to the adjoining room no permission was gained, if only the wardenial team knew
5handicapgolfer

in response to gay boy

Postby Deeeez Nutz on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:53 pm

u have no reason to even be responding u mofo. u should be revising!! Jamie is one of the most annoying person i have ever met. u obviously don't know him too well. so next time u see him tell him to brush his teeth. on behalf of the whole western world. thank u. yours sincerly
Deeeez Nutz

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:59 pm

Oh great, now we have homosexuality as an insult.

Just again: we don't care about your inter-hall arguments. You are making everyone in your hall look like immature idiots. Sort out your problems without whining on a public message board about it, and grow up.

You're just making yourselves look ridiculous.
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby Al on Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:01 pm

I don't know which is worse - the use of the phrase "mass-debate" as if it were daringly original, or the use of the word "gay" as - I presume - an intended insult.

[hr]Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Al

Re:

Postby 5handicapgolfer on Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:02 pm

[s]LeopardSkinQueen wrote on 14:59, 18th Jan 2004:
Oh great, now we have homosexuality as an insult.

Just again: we don't care about your inter-hall arguments. You are making everyone in your hall look like immature idiots. Sort out your problems without whining on a public message board about it, and grow up.

You're just making yourselves look ridiculous.

u dont have to read this thread, if we want to talk here we can go away and read something else.
5handicapgolfer

Some clarification

Postby Im_No1_so_why_try_harder? on Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:05 pm

I do not live in room A9, and at the moment im glad i dont!! But i have visited on occasions and the general atmosphere is not one of bad attitudes.

The current rift between between two of its inhabitants is a shame, but has been brewing for some time. Caused by no individual in particular it has escalated into a rather vendictive argument with the said Mr Potton in some respects being quite unreasonable.

It is sad when people living together fall out but some things are unacceptable. And to be perfectly honest, attitude problem? hav you even met the man? You take Jamies word to be gospel, there are two sides to every story.

I will agree that the sinner is not a personal dispute board, but the fact is that the majority of people who use the sinner and its message boards are aware of the situation. I think a bit of growing up, a bit of cleaning up and a lot of cheering up need to be done by Mr Potton.

In reply to a previous comment from rachel, i apologise for my rash general attack on debators. But it is the actions of few who tarnish so many.
Im_No1_so_why_try_harder?

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:08 pm

To be fair, online fighting is much more entertaining than revision.

On a slightly less confrontational point, if your roomie is having a large party in your room and you don't want them to, why not just complain to the wardenial team instead of just bitching afterwards?

Or, if they moved the party on request, make a complaint about the mess they left behind? Maybe then they'll think twice about doing again if they get a fine.

But if they move the party and the people on either side of the new room had no complaint, then where's the problem?
John Stewart

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:09 pm

[s]Deeeez Nutz wrote on 14:53, 18th Jan 2004:
u have no reason to even be responding u mofo. u should be revising!! Jamie is one of the most annoying person i have ever met. u obviously don't know him too well. so next time u see him tell him to brush his teeth. on behalf of the whole western world. thank u. yours sincerly

And if the rest of St Andrews' has no reason to comment, then why post it on the bloody sinner in the first place.
John Stewart

Re:

Postby 5handicapgolfer on Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:15 pm

maybe out of the kindness of my heart i didnt john. after all i am a nice guy. i would, if the shoe was on the other foot, presume that jamie would have grassed me up but then that says alot about the situation
5handicapgolfer

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:26 pm

if you really don't get on with your roomie, and don't see it ever happening, you have two choices.

you can make a big deal out of it and bitch about how the other one is making your life hell and be as unpleasant as possible to them in order to punish them. this is just going to get worse and worse, and end up ruining what could otherwise be a fun year

or

you can be civil when the need arises but write them out of your life as much as you can. Don't do anything annoying, like host massive parties in your room without telling them, or come staggering back at 4 in the morning; be nice, keep things tidy, reduce annoyances and be (shock) nice enough to each other. you still won't get on, but at least life will be a little more bearable for the two of you.

[hr]
I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board