Home

TheSinner.net

Student Loan

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Student Loan

Postby underworlddreams on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:14 am

Anyone else not received theirs yet? According to the paperwork, it was supposed to go in yesterday and hasn't arrived yet...

[hr]They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing - play it forwards, and it installs Windows...
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:29 am

mine went through, and i only applied for it a few weeks ago!
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby mackie on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:15 am

[s]underworlddreams wrote on 11:14, 28th Sep 2004:
Anyone else not received theirs yet? According to the paperwork, it was supposed to go in yesterday and hasn't arrived yet...

[hr]They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing - play it forwards, and it installs Windows...

I spoke to the cash office and they said it should go through within 3 days. Mines is in today.
mackie

Re:

Postby loretta on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:50 pm

Mine isn't through either. But this has happened with each installment, because they haven't taken down my bank details correctly. Make sure they haven't done that to you! Ring them up, although I wouldn't suggest trying today because you will spend six hours listening to the Jackson 5/beyonce/sophie ellis bextor on hold.
'The English like eccentrics, they just don't like them living next door.'
loretta

Re:

Postby hm on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:47 pm

If you look on your loan schedule it says it will go through within three working days from the day you actually matriculate.
hm

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:32 pm

[s]Unregisted User hm wrote on 14:45, 28th Sep 2004:
If you look on your loan schedule it says it will go through within three working days from the day you actually matriculate.

...And I matriculated on Friday.

Still no sign of anything, and it's now the 30th...

[hr]
They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing - play it forwards, and it installs Windows...
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby sb1 on Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:57 am

mine was supposed to go in on monday too and i don't have it :( i have no money!!!! argh!!!!!
sb1

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:23 am

I matriculated a week ago, still no loan. How awful is that?
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby garage red on Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:29 am

Mine was meant to go in on Monday and still have nothing yet!!
garage red

Re:

Postby sb1 on Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:30 am

damn SLC!!!!!!!!!
sb1

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:56 am

Yes, where the devil has mine got to?
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby OffHeGoes on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:56 am

try calling the slc on 08456077577 with your art id handy. i got through eventually and it told me my installment will go through on the 1st october.
OffHeGoes

Re:

Postby hm on Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:53 am

[s]underworlddreams wrote on 00:32, 30th Sep 2004:
[s]Unregisted User hm wrote on 14:45, 28th Sep 2004:[i]

...And I matriculated on Friday.

Still no sign of anything, and it's now the 30th...
[/i]

The perhaps you filled something in wrong as another poster suggested. Either that or it will be there tomorrow due to banking times etc.
hm

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:19 am

Finally found out what went wrong... ish. The Registry said I was registered, matriculated, and that the SLC had been notified of this. There was one small detail that might've prevented me from getting my loan, and they called this morning to find out...

When they called me back to let me know what had happened, they said that 'a catalogue of errors' had occurred, too many to list, and the bottom of that list was the small detail - in other words, it was bad luck and bungling on the part of the SLC and possibly the Registry too that has prevented me from getting my loan...

So when will I get it? Wednesday 6th October - a full 10 days after I was supposed to get it...

underworlddreams

Re:

Postby Enigma on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:26 am

I got the other end of the stroy.

It turns out that the registry has arsed up a lot of our matriculations and dont know which ones until someone goes in and tells them. I'm going today to give them hell for being arsegremlins.

Its not the slc's fault at all because they havnt received notification that we had matriculated at all.
I don't need a signature
Enigma

Re:

Postby fern_britten on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:38 am

If anyone still hasn't received their loan, ring the registry office on ext. 3097 and they'll let you know whether they've informed the SLC of your matriculation yet. After they've informed the SLC of your matriculation, it'll take 3-4 working days for the money to get to your account. It seems as though the registry have made a complete mess of this - they only informed the SLC that I matriculated two days ago (6 days after i matriculated). I'm severely pissed off.
fern_britten

Re:

Postby sb1 on Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:58 pm

i got mine today! phew! hope you guys get yours soon!
sb1

Return to The Sinner's Main Board